Monday is a day off for many people in Ontario because it is a civic holiday. However, not all businesses and services will be closed. Here is a list of some businesses and services that will be open and closed on the civic holiday:
– Administrative offices, animal services, and Hamilton civic museums will be closed.
– The Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum in Mount Hope will be open.
– GO Transit will be operating on a Saturday schedule.
– Green bin, garbage, and recycling collection will be postponed by one day.
– Hamilton Farmer’s Market will be closed.
– Hamilton Public Library branches will be closed.
– HSR buses will be running on a regular Sunday/holiday service schedule.
– Ontario Works and Licensing and Bylaw Services will be closed.
– Parking enforcement will not be in effect until Monday 10 p.m.
– Recreation centres will be closed, but outdoor pools will be open.
– The Tourism Hamilton visitor information centre will be closed.
– Burlington Transit will be operating on a Sunday schedule.
– Arenas will be closed except for Seymour-Hannah Sports and Entertainment Centre in St. Catharines.
– Child care centres, public health, and St. Catharines Public Library will be closed.
– Major grocery stores and Shoppers Drug Mart will be open with reduced hours.
– Most malls in Hamilton, Burlington, St. Catharines, and Niagara Falls will be open.
– The Beer Store and LCBO stores will be open with specific hours.
– Tourist destinations such as Niagara Falls and Toronto attractions will be open with some on reduced hours.
Remember to check specific websites or contact businesses to confirm operating hours on the civic holiday.
>>Join our Facebook Group be part of community. <<