The Islamabad police announced that they are fully prepared to provide top-notch security for the New Zealand cricket team during their upcoming visit to Pakistan. The Black Caps will arrive in Pakistan next week for a white-ball series against the national team. Despite a recent report suggesting that the police might not provide security due to a lack of resources, the Islamabad police assured that they have successfully provided high-level security during previous events, such as the visit of the English cricket team and the Pakistan Super League.
In other news, Shaheen Afridi has been named in Pakistan’s squad for their Twenty20 and one-day international series against New Zealand. Afridi has not played for Pakistan since injuring his knee during last year’s Twenty20 World Cup final in Australia. The 22-year-old missed subsequent series against New Zealand and England but returned to competitive cricket in the Pakistan Super League. Captain Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan, who were rested for last month’s T20 series against Afghanistan, also return to the squad.
The NZ-Pak series schedule is as follows:
– April 14: First T20I, Lahore
– April 15: Second T20I, Lahore
– April 17: Third T20I, Lahore
– April 20: Fourth T20I, Rawalpindi
– April 24: Fifth T20I, Rawalpindi
– April 26: First ODI, Rawalpindi
– April 30: Second ODI, Karachi
– May 3: Third ODI, Karachi
– May 5: Fourth ODI, Karachi
– May 7: Fifth ODI, Karachi
>>Join our Facebook Group be part of community. <<