Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Rape an epidemic in India: Nirbhaya,the Girl who shook India.

Thanks
    India India
    Quote Originally Posted by ajtr View Post
    ak-47.........................
    Unless you're total fire arm noob, or having hard time grasping the idea of self defense.

Thanks
    India UK
    One more person allegedly involved in the rape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus in Delhi has been detained from Bihar, police said on Wednesday.

Akshay Thakur has been detained from Aurangabad in Bihar and is being brought to Delhi, sources said.

Three other accused arrested in the case were today produced before a Delhi court which sent two of them to four-day police custody while the third was sent to 14-day judicial custody.

Vinay Sharma, an assistant gym instructor and Pawan Gupta, a fruit seller have been sent for custodial interrogation while Mukesh, who was allegedly driving the bus when the crime was being committed, has been sent to Tihar Jail in judicial custody after he agreed to undergo test identification parade (TIP).

Mukesh is the brother of another accused Ram Singh, who was yesterday remanded to five-day police custody after he refused to undergo TIP.

Vinay and Pawan, however, have refused to undergo TIP, the criminal procedure in which the alleged offender is brought before witnesses and victims for identification.

After being produced before Metropolitan Magistrate (MM) Namrita Aggarwal, the trio were sent to court of Metropolitan Magistrate Sandeep Garg for following the procedure for conducting the TIP.

When the judge asked whether they would volunteer to undergo TIP and if not why, Vinay said, “he had beaten up the boy but did nothing with the girl” and went on to say “hang me”, while Pawan told the court, “I do not want to undergo TIP as I have committed a heinous act”.

The magistrate after completing the process for the TIP said, “accused Mukesh has submitted that he wanted to undergo TIP. Police be directed to conduct his TIP on December 20 at 3 p.m. at Central Jail, Tihar.”

Both the victims, a para-medical student, and her male friend, who had boarded the chartered bus with tinted glass windows from Munirka in south Delhi to Palam around 9.45 PM on Sunday night, were assaulted with an iron rod by the men after the two resisted before they were dumped on the road side near Mahipalpur flyover, police said.

The Hindu : News / National : Delhi gang-rape: one held in Bihar, accused remanded in custody

Thanks
    Pakistan India
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull and Bones View Post
    Unless you're total fire arm noob, or having hard time grasping the idea of self defense.
    when it becomes matter of life and death any one can operate any arm even ak-47.. just like this girl...

The Following User Says Thank You to ajtr For This Useful Post: Wajid47

Main tere naseeb ki barish nahi Jo tujh pe baras jaon
    Tujhe taqdeer badalni hogi mujhe panay ke liye....!!!!

मैं तेरे नसीब की बारिश नहीं जो तुझ पे बरस जाऊं,
    तुझे तकदीर बदलनी होगी मुझे पाने के लिए ....!!!!

'میں تیرے نصیب کی بارش نہیں جو تجھ پہ برس جاؤں
    تجھے تقدیر بدلنی ہوگی مجھے پانے کے لئے

"I'm not the rain of your fortune that i'll fall on you.You've to change your fate in order to get me."

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull and Bones View Post
    When things like this occur in society, what does it say about the society we live in?
    Women are mistreated badly in our region hence ANYTHING that puts their minds at rest. It disturbing and this should be a wake up call. These jaanwar should be made an example out of,
    The Following User Says Thank You to Wajid47 For This Useful Post: KingKong

Thanks
    India India
    Quote Originally Posted by Wajid47 View Post
    When things like this occur in society, what does it say about the society we live in?
    Women are mistreated badly in our region hence ANYTHING that puts their minds at rest. It disturbing and this should be a wake up call. These jaanwar should be made an example out of,
    Not denying that, i'm in advocate for strictest punishment for such retards. At the same time, women should be given training on martial arts in school for better self defense. And easing of rules for acquiring firearms for women, but caliber not exceeding .22. A shot from a .22 pistol at a range of 10m is very lethal.

AK-47 is offensive weapon, not defensive. And there are pretty high risk involved for misplacement and theft of such weapon, giving rise to more homegrown terrorism, and repetition of what happened in US recently.
    The Following User Says Thank You to Skull and Bones For This Useful Post: Aryan_B

Thanks
    India India
    when it becomes matter of life and death any one can operate any arm even ak-47.. just like this girl...

And while moving and commuting, where are you supposed to keep it? In handbag?

Don't tell me, i have had my experience with many guns you haven't even heard of. When push comes to shove, even a 12 year kid can do wonders with a gun.

Thanks
    Pakistan UK
    Hoping the girl is well. Any news?

Thanks
    India India
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKong View Post
    Hoping the girl is well. Any news?
    Still critical.

Thanks
    Pakistan United Arab Emirates
    All we can do is pray for her health.

Thanks
    India UK

Time to be ashamed

Perhaps the real tragedy we must contemplate, as we consider the story of the young woman who now lies in a Delhi hospital bed battling for her life after being brutally beaten and gang-raped Sunday night, is this: in six months or less, she will have been forgotten. There will, by then, have been the next victim, and the one after — and absolutely nothing will have changed. Ever since Sunday’s savage crime, India’s political leadership has been loudly engaged in what it appears to believe is advocacy of women’s rights — in the main, dramatic but meaningless calls for summary trials, castration and mandatory death penalties. The same leaders will, if past record proves a guide, do absolutely nothing to actually address the problem. For all the noise that each gang-rape has provoked, Parliament has made no worthwhile progress towards desperately-needed legal reforms. Even nuts-and-bolts measures, like enhanced funding for forensic investigations, upgrading training of police to deal with sexual crimes, and making expert post-trauma support available to victims, are conspicuous by their absence.

How does one account for the strange contrast between our outrage about rape — and our remarkable unwillingness, as a society, to actually do anything about it? For one, we are far more widely complicit in crimes against women than we care to acknowledge. The hideous gang-rape in Delhi is part of the continuum of violence millions of Indian women face every single day; a continuum that stretches from sexual harassment in public spaces and the workplace to physical abuse that plays itself out in the privacy of our homes far more often than on the street. Nor is it true, secondly, that Delhi is India’s “rape capital.” There are plenty of other places in India with a higher incidence of reported rape, in population adjusted terms — and Delhi’s record on convicting perpetrators is far higher than the national average. Third, this is not a problem of policing alone. As Professor Ratna Kapur argues in an op-ed article in this newspaper today, there is something profoundly wrong in the values young men are taught in our society — values which bind the parental preference for a male child to the gang of feral youth who carried out Sunday’s outrage or the hundreds of thousands of husbands who were battering their wives that same night. Finally, India’s society rails against rape, in the main, not out of concern for victims but because of the despicable notion that a woman’s body is the repository of family honour. It is this honour our society seeks to protect, not individual women. It is time for us as a people to feel the searing shame our society has until now only imposed on its female victims.

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/edit...cle4214334.ece

Thanks
    Pakistan India
    time to feel ahamed for what...?just mere statement.few days people will shout.everyone milk it for their own agenda then all back to same untill next rape.

"I'm not the rain of your fortune that i'll fall on you.You've to change your fate in order to get me."

Thanks
    Pakistan India

Yeh har baat par candle le ke kyon kyon taiyaar ho jaate hain....Candles are mark of soft attitude.....bring in guns..................

Thanks
    Pakistan United Arab Emirates
    Women need yrgent serious protection. Enough is enough. It happens too often and too frequently in our regions. Our lazy fat politicians should pull their fingers out

Thanks
    Pakistan India

Three Reasons Why Men Rape

Three Reasons Why Men Rape

Rape, a heinous crime makes me ask just a few thousand questions. What is the motive behind a rape? What does the culprit get out of the barbaric act? What is a psychology of a rapist? Is it a power play? Is it a way to vent out frustration and anger? Asserting control and dominance over a physically weaker being, what has 'he, a man' been trying to prove over years? What is a rapist's childhood like? What was the role of a women in his life? How was/is his wife, sister, daughter like? Did he hate women since his growing years so much that he tried to take revenge on them through raping every other woman? What triggers committing of a rape?

All I understand is that it is the weak and the insecure who tries to dominate and hungers for power, it is the weak who is not at peace. So, how can this weaker being suppress an actually strong person who has no ill-intentions? There is certainly no pleasure in something like rape. Unless your partner is happy how can you derive happiness or pleasure out of that physical intimacy? Can rehabilitation help these mentally sick beings? Can getting them spiritually-inclined help them? Can any baba, guru or God help them transform? Have these rapists ever said a prayer? Can these animals be transformed into being human? Can this humiliating behaviour on their part be pardoned? Why do we not punish them twice as brutally so as to set the right example? 'Kshama', or excusing them is a crime. Letting them roam freely is a crime, which brings as much disgust as the crime itself.

I was in college when I first heard the word 'mindfuck'. I understand the meaning of it today. Every evening when your concerned parents ask you to get back home before dark, you know it's a mindfuck. You retaliate but you know they are right. You curse being bron in a country which is hypocrite about respecting women. Every time you walk on the street, you have to be alert of who's walking next to you, behind you, ahead of you, what if a car stops and pulls you in it, what if someone brushes past you inappropriately in a crowded public transport, what if, what if, what if.. Now that 'what if' day in and day out is a mindfuck. This morning I was travelling in the women's compartment of the metro like any other day. A handbag of a woman standing right behind me touched me. I almost turned back in fury. Such was the degree of my scare and insecurity. A handbag of a woman in the women's compartment of a metro scared me. Unbelievable? No. This is the kind of fright women of this country live in. Courtesy: The great rapist clan of India.

Under the nose of seat of power such acts are committed and what will the aam aadmi do? Candle light marches? Ask 'Am i just a body'? Sushma Swaraj asks for hanging the accused in 30 days. Why 30 days? This can't be tolerated for even 30 mins. Why are the Delhi police allowing these rapists to cover their faces? Unmask them, demands India. we don't want fast track courts but public hanging of such inhuman, and i run out of words to define them. They cut her with blades; used iron rods to beat her, her intestines were dislocated. Is this true? Are we still going to swallow this silently? If they can't be handled by law then, animal laws must apply to these rapists. There should be fear in their mind before doing it. Why pray for the girl? Why should she survive? Do we even know how to treat a girl who has faced what only she has. And, you know what is funny? Some movie director will cash on the tragedy. What a shame. She is courageous to wish for life and urging 'save me, i want to live'. 'This' is the strength of a woman. Only if some pseudo-men of this country would have a realisation. What was her fault? She wasn't dressed inappropriately, she didn't invite attention, she was not drinking in a pub, she only wanted to get home to her family. Is that a crime?

I wonder, if there is actually a God, if prayers mean anything at all. I wonder why we worship 'Shakti'. Faith and hope are losing their meaning. Humanity is long lost too. Not proud, but ashamed to be an Indian today. My brain harps on Amitabh's dialogue from 'sarkar'.. soch ko maaro. Kill the thought. The thought of rape needs to be killed. This is an excerpt from a conversation I overheard in the metro.

Woman A: I made my 10 year old son to read about this incidence and explained him right from wrong. Bewared him and taught him how to respect women. I will kill my son if he ever even looked at women in a wrong way.

Woman B: Thank God that good sense prevailed in the media and they didn't show the girl's face but tehy must uncover the rapists and hand them over to public.

Woman A: The rapists wife died a few years back. I am sure she didn't die but must have been killed brutally by this man only.

Woman B: This man has a disfigured hand. This rape must have been an act stemming from his own insecurities.

Woman A: if the girl dies it will account for a murder. May be that is what they wanted but she is a strong girl, she survived.

I went to a self-defence workshop conducted by the Women Cell at Moti Nagar, Delhi as a college student. Men wagging their member publicly in buses or pulling over cars and popping it out, asking for directions was a common sight during my school days. I am talking about this happening as early as 7:30 am in summers. So, mind you, it's not about the time of the day or night. And, as young girls we would feel ashamed and unsure of discussing it at home. I think it is extremely important that parents and teachers at school create a healthy platform for sex education and address sex-curious issues of children. While curiousity is one of the major reasons why rapes happen, 'I can get away with it' attitude is another major factor that leads to the disgusting attempt of rape.

I remember my mother telling me 'don't smile or laugh on the road' when we shared a joke. She said it attracts attention and thus, you must not show your happiness and as a young girl I thought what is this world I live in? A world where being happy is a crime. I wore suits to my dance classes and my mother would not let me step out if my dupatta was wrapped around my neck, she'd say 'beta, dupatta khol ke lo', spread the dupatta in the front, cover up. I could not believe that there were rules to wearing a simple salwar kameez, all thanks to Indian men.

Here are the 3 reasons why men rape:
    1) 'I can get away with it' attitude. Weak judicial system and us, the society who sits pretty not making noise when these culprits are pardoned by the system. We are as powerful as any government in power. We are the people, they are because of us not us, because of them.

2) The way we bring up a male child in our society. Parents and schools are at fault for not teaching men how to cook and clean just as women, for telling them that there is a difference between a man and woman and their duties and responsibilities are different. When your father does not treat your mother right, speak up. When a brother does not treat his sister right, speak up. When a boyfriend does not treat his girlfriend right, speak up.

3) Hunger for power over the weaker: this is only human nature. Everyone from Akbar to the Alexander loved power, so do these rapists. If you truly wish to experience power, excercise power over your 'indriyaan' or excercise self-control. Only weak try and control others, the strong excercises self-control.
    The Following User Says Thank You to ajtr For This Useful Post: Aryan_B

Thanks
    Pakistan India

Woman gang-raped at bus stand in Mau district of Uttar Pradesh

Woman gang-raped at bus stand in Mau district of Uttar Pradesh

LUCKNOW: After gang rape of a girl in a moving bus in Delhi, which shocked the entire country, a 38-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by three persons at a roadways bus stand in Mau district of Uttar Pradesh.

However, while police acted swiftly in Delhi case after media highlighted the incident leading to countrywide public outrage, in Mau the police refused to lodge a rape complaint and registered a case of molestation, eve-teasing and theft. In fact, the police had initially refused to entertain the complainant but registered a case in 'mild sections' of IPC after local media highlighted the matter.

According to reports, the incident happened late on Tuesday night. The victim, a resident of Azamgarh district, was going to Vindhyachal along with her in-laws. On the way, their neighbours Jhanku Ram, Prem Chand and Tilakdhari also joined them. All boarded a bus for Mau from where they had to catch a train for Vindhyachal. After reaching Mau, woman's family members went to the railway station to buy tickets while she stayed back at the bus stand to look after the luggage. Taking advantage of the situation, the three neighbours raped the woman and gagged her when she raised an alarm.

The culprits fled after committing the rape leaving her unconscious at waiting room of the bus stand. Family member of the victim found her on return after buying tickets. They informed police. The police then took the victim and the family members to the police station but refused to accept the written complaint of the woman complaining about the gang-rape. When mediapersons reached the police station, the police lodged a case of molestation and claimed that victim's family has not lodged a complaint of rape. However, the victim said that she had lodged a written complaint of gang rape.

Meanwhile, protests against Delhi gang rape incident and increase in crime against women continued in various parts of the state. In Lucknow, All India Democratic Women's Association, staged demonstration and demanded speedy trial of rape cases. Women activists also raised the issue of Aashiana rape case in which trial of the prime accused has not started even after seven years.

Angry protests were also reported from Kanpur, Varanasi, Meerut and Ghaziabad. On the other hand, during last 24 hours, gang rape cases were also reported from Rae Bareli, Rampur, Sonbhadra and Farrukhabad.

Thanks
    Pakistan India
    instead of providing guns to army GoI must be forced to provide guns to every single woman in india

Thanks
    Pakistan UK
    Whatever reason - the bas tards committing such acts should suffer the worst punishment thought of. This would detract this. Education and the strong arm of the law and its urgent its done sooner the better

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Just because the Dehli case is highlighted action is taken. Seems for every Dehli case there are dozens not reported or swept under the carpet. Pathetic

Thanks
    Pakistan India
    Quote Originally Posted by Wajid47 View Post
    Just because the Dehli case is highlighted action is taken. Seems for every Dehli case there are dozens not reported or swept under the carpet. Pathetic
    there are 1000s of them which even dont get reported

Thanks
    UK Pakistan
    there are 1000s of them which even dont get reported
    Its a sad state of affairs that women feel there is no point in reporting this. Its grotesque to think this is the case.

Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast