Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: One woman's view of sharia law

Share             
  1. #1
    Science Editor SHAMAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    6,442
    Thanks
    2451
    Pakistan UK

    One woman's view of sharia law

    One woman's view of sharia law


    The Following User Says Thank You to SHAMAS For This Useful Post: Tari


  2. #2
    Member xyxmt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    45
    Canada Canada

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Some NGO is spending good money
    The Following User Says Thank You to xyxmt For This Useful Post: Muslim


  3. #3
    Member Muslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    742
    Thanks
    223
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Sorry, the video is posted by an anti-Islamic person, who lacks Neutrality, who is going to watch it ?

  4. #4
    Science Editor SHAMAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    6,442
    Thanks
    2451
    Pakistan UK

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Quote Originally Posted by Muslim View Post
    Sorry, the video is posted by an anti-Islamic person, who lacks Neutrality, who is going to watch it ?
    What's wrong? Afraid of listening to opposing views? Is your faith so easily shaken?

  5. #5
    Member Muslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    742
    Thanks
    223
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Quote Originally Posted by SHAMAS View Post
    What's wrong? Afraid of listening to opposing views? Is your faith so easily shaken?
    You are the "Science Editor" at Pakistan Affairs.com, when you Laugh at Islam or when you laugh at Pakistan, You clearly show us all that You are here as an enemy.

    Can't you stay Neutral ?

    Listen to me we Muslims cannot stay neutral when it comes to Ghulam Qadiani, we hate him, if he had'nt made a claim of Prophet hood it was OK for us, but then he went on to say God made him specially from NauzuBillah His water, Astaghfirullah do Allah need water ? Ghulam was a servant of the British, You can find his letters to the British rulers, why did he turn you into an enemy of Muhammad Mustafa (S.A.W) why and how ?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Hariz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,051
    Thanks
    1720
    Pakistan UK

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Quote Originally Posted by Muslim View Post
    Sorry, the video is posted by an anti-Islamic person, who lacks Neutrality, who is going to watch it ?
    Its a discussion forum yaar just because he put it up doesnt even mean he agrees with it. Its up to members what they make of it
    The Following User Says Thank You to Hariz For This Useful Post: Tari


  7. #7
    Science Editor SHAMAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    6,442
    Thanks
    2451
    Pakistan UK

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Quote Originally Posted by Muslim View Post
    You are the "Science Editor" at Pakistan Affairs.com, when you Laugh at Islam or when you laugh at Pakistan, You clearly show us all that You are here as an enemy.

    Can't you stay Neutral ?

    Listen to me we Muslims cannot stay neutral when it comes to Ghulam Qadiani, we hate him, if he had'nt made a claim of Prophet hood it was OK for us, but then he went on to say God made him specially from NauzuBillah His water, Astaghfirullah do Allah need water ? Ghulam was a servant of the British, You can find his letters to the British rulers, why did he turn you into an enemy of Muhammad Mustafa (S.A.W) why and how ?
    This is a discussion forum and all sorts of views are aired. Some of them I profoundly disagree with, but I do not seek to censor those people. If I feel strongly I might debate with them. Something you don't appear to understand.

    From the minute you joined the forum you've been telling everyone, including those who set up and moderate the forum, how it should be run - and of course the methods you recommend for running it are in synchony with your personal religious and political beliefs.

    This is a free forum where people can choose to discuss whatever they like. To criticise Pakistan is not a crime although it would appear you want it make it one. Blind patriotism is of no value to the citizens of a country, only of value to the politicians and the status quo.

    I am not interested in your condemnation of other religious sects since they are not of relevance to this thread. The issue regarding Ahmadis and the like has been debated on this forum many times. I'm sure it will be raised again on the correct thread and you will have the opportunity to vent your spleen. Until then, why not break the habit of a lifetime and try staying on topic!

    This thread was clearly about a woman giving her personal analysis of sharia law. Again note in a far more oppressive/authoritarian society she is permitted to air her views but you would seek suppress opinions on a freer forum.
    The Following User Says Thank You to SHAMAS For This Useful Post: Tari


  8. #8
    Member xyxmt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    45
    Canada Canada

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Quote Originally Posted by SHAMAS View Post
    What's wrong? Afraid of listening to opposing views? Is your faith so easily shaken?
    actually his faith is strong enough to be shaken by endless articles videos posted by you. You are only wasting you time
    The Following User Says Thank You to xyxmt For This Useful Post: Muslim


  9. #9
    Science Editor SHAMAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    6,442
    Thanks
    2451
    Pakistan UK

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Quote Originally Posted by xyxmt View Post
    actually his faith is strong enough to be shaken by endless articles videos posted by you. You are only wasting you time
    What makes you think the material I posted was for only him? I have been raising all sorts of issues on this forum, newbie before either of you joined the forum. Things for people to think, consider and then choose to pursue or not. They range from issues of equality/social justice, through science to religious issues, including my specialists subject of Islamophobia. I have even posted quite a few academic articles I use on some of the courses I teach at university.

    No one is obliged to debate any material posted. I don't respond to the majority of materials posted. So I really don't see your problem, even if I cared about your hang-ups. When your friend comes over all preachy and arrogant in his stupidity, I can't resist pointing out a few problems with his stance. Of course if he didn't respond to what I post, (many people who disagree with my views, don't respond) then I wouldn't be given the opportunity to apply a little logical reasoning and facts to what he posts. The choice of whether or not to post or respond to posts is entirely his. But heck, it's more fun watching him bluster and make a fool of himself!

  10. #10
    Science Editor SHAMAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    6,442
    Thanks
    2451
    Pakistan UK

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Quote Originally Posted by xyxmt View Post
    Some NGO is spending good money
    Conspiracy theories again.

    Is the woman not entitled to her views or are only people with your views permitted to articulate them?

  11. #11
    Member xyxmt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    45
    Canada Canada

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Quote Originally Posted by SHAMAS View Post
    Conspiracy theories again.

    Is the woman not entitled to her views or are only people with your views permitted to articulate them?
    yes every woman is not just the ones who are willing to follow your tone
    by the way people like you are the reason for conspiracy theories, whose interests are you serving and why you only make anti Muslim post, cant you find any positive news about Muslims
    The Following User Says Thank You to xyxmt For This Useful Post: Muslim


  12. #12
    Member xyxmt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    45
    Canada Canada

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Quote Originally Posted by SHAMAS View Post
    What makes you think the material I posted was for only him? I have been raising all sorts of issues on this forum, newbie before either of you joined the forum. Things for people to think, consider and then choose to pursue or not. They range from issues of equality/social justice, through science to religious issues, including my specialists subject of Islamophobia. I have even posted quite a few academic articles I use on some of the courses I teach at university.

    No one is obliged to debate any material posted. I don't respond to the majority of materials posted. So I really don't see your problem, even if I cared about your hang-ups. When your friend comes over all preachy and arrogant in his stupidity, I can't resist pointing out a few problems with his stance. Of course if he didn't respond to what I post, (many people who disagree with my views, don't respond) then I wouldn't be given the opportunity to apply a little logical reasoning and facts to what he posts. The choice of whether or not to post or respond to posts is entirely his. But heck, it's more fun watching him bluster and make a fool of himself!
    The day this newbie joined the forum he got pretty good idea about you. When one walks in a room and smell **** his first thought is not "oh my God it could be Gold" !!

  13. #13
    Science Editor SHAMAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    6,442
    Thanks
    2451
    Pakistan UK

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Quote Originally Posted by xyxmt View Post
    The day this newbie joined the forum he got pretty good idea about you. When one walks in a room and smell **** his first thought is not "oh my God it could be Gold" !!
    Thanks for your irrelevant and off topic comment.

    I note you don't have any argument to counter what i posted. I at least reasoned argument, you resort to abuse. Readers will judge matters based upon what is written and the merits of the argument.

    If you want a forum where eveeryone agrees with your prejudices maybe you should go elsewhere.

  14. #14
    Science Editor SHAMAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    6,442
    Thanks
    2451
    Pakistan UK

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Quote Originally Posted by xyxmt View Post
    yes every woman is not just the ones who are willing to follow your tone
    by the way people like you are the reason for conspiracy theories, whose interests are you serving and why you only make anti Muslim post, cant you find any positive news about Muslims
    So what's your problem if you agree woman are entitled to their views? Why resort to conspiracy theories to counter her comment. Why not instead engage in analysing and responding to her comments?

    Anyone who doesn't agree with you is of course a conspirator! Maybe you haven't been listening, but as I hjave said repeatedly my interests and the area in which I have worked in my professional life, as well as been involved as a political activist is equalities. I therefore post a great deal about all aspects of inequality (gender, race etc.). If you're going to argue that women are not oppressed then I say the same to you as I have said to some of the Indians on this forum (when they have argued that Muslims in India or Dalits are not oppressed) that the people who experience the oppression are those in the best position to judge.

    Being the newbie did you miss all the posts about Islamophobia, the treatment of Muslims in india and there are positive stuff too I have posted. Do your homework before you make accusations and bury yourself head first in conspiracy theories.

    You make a good tweedledum to your tweedledee friend on this forum.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Jameel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,802
    Thanks
    1714
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Quote Originally Posted by Hariz View Post
    Its a discussion forum yaar just because he put it up doesnt even mean he agrees with it. Its up to members what they make of it
    So we are no to be allowed to debate on a forum ?

  16. #16
    Member xyxmt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    45
    Canada Canada

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Quote Originally Posted by SHAMAS View Post
    So what's your problem if you agree woman are entitled to their views? Why resort to conspiracy theories to counter her comment. Why not instead engage in analysing and responding to her comments?

    Anyone who doesn't agree with you is of course a conspirator! Maybe you haven't been listening, but as I hjave said repeatedly my interests and the area in which I have worked in my professional life, as well as been involved as a political activist is equalities. I therefore post a great deal about all aspects of inequality (gender, race etc.). If you're going to argue that women are not oppressed then I say the same to you as I have said to some of the Indians on this forum (when they have argued that Muslims in India or Dalits are not oppressed) that the people who experience the oppression are those in the best position to judge.

    Being the newbie did you miss all the posts about Islamophobia, the treatment of Muslims in india and there are positive stuff too I have posted. Do your homework before you make accusations and bury yourself head first in conspiracy theories.

    You make a good tweedledum to your tweedledee friend on this forum.
    I am not willing to argue with someone with one sided views. Post two opposite views to have a debate.

    But I agree with you on your involvement in all sort of Anti Muslim area of interests and thats why I said "Some NGO is finally spending money on something (although no cost associated with) other than just paying themselves and their family members a hefty pay. This must the time to renew next years grants and by the way you writing style fits perfectly in that area of interest you have.
    The Following User Says Thank You to xyxmt For This Useful Post: Muslim

    Last edited by xyxmt; 7th February 2016 at 13:41.

  17. #17
    Member xyxmt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    45
    Canada Canada

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Quote Originally Posted by SHAMAS View Post
    Thanks for your irrelevant and off topic comment.

    I note you don't have any argument to counter what i posted. I at least reasoned argument, you resort to abuse. Readers will judge matters based upon what is written and the merits of the argument.

    If you want a forum where eveeryone agrees with your prejudices maybe you should go elsewhere.
    how was it irrelevant, in fact it was right on the target....I always smell #### when i read your post
    The Following User Says Thank You to xyxmt For This Useful Post: Muslim


  18. #18
    Science Editor SHAMAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    6,442
    Thanks
    2451
    Pakistan UK

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Quote Originally Posted by xyxmt View Post
    how was it irrelevant, in fact it was right on the target....I always smell #### when i read your post
    Still haven't responded to the points I made. Just being childish and abusive.

    You say:

    "I am not willing to argue with someone with one sided views."

    So you consider you're views not one-sided? Are you telling me that you aren't one sided in considering Islam a perfect religion and the only true religion?

    You need to think before you post. You don't consider anything based upon its merit, only judge upon your own personal prejudices.

  19. #19
    Member xyxmt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    45
    Canada Canada

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Quote Originally Posted by SHAMAS View Post
    Still haven't responded to the points I made. Just being childish and abusive.

    You say:

    "I am not willing to argue with someone with one sided views."

    So you consider you're views not one-sided? Are you telling me that you aren't one sided in considering Islam a perfect religion and the only true religion?

    You need to think before you post. You don't consider anything based upon its merit, only judge upon your own personal prejudices.
    post something about all the ills in Hinduism or should I start opening a new thread every time there is something funny reported about Hinduism and trust me I can easily find 100 funny articles a day. But no you wont go towards your religion. All you post sound like rap music to me...bitch left me, my bitch is sleeping with other hoes and all that crap

  20. #20
    Science Editor SHAMAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    6,442
    Thanks
    2451
    Pakistan UK

    Re: One woman's view of sharia law

    Quote Originally Posted by xyxmt View Post
    post something about all the ills in Hinduism or should I start opening a new thread every time there is something funny reported about Hinduism and trust me I can easily find 100 funny articles a day. But no you wont go towards your religion. All you post sound like rap music to me...bitch left me, my bitch is sleeping with other hoes and all that crap
    I have posted materials about Hinduism. As a newcomer you are unaware of what has been posted. In fact there have been fierce debates over the matter of the Vedas and the alleged scientific knowledge they contain. I not unexpectedly, have strongly argued against the Vedas containing scientifically relevant/modern knowledge. The last time this was discussed was around the time when Modi was elected PM. He made claims about test-tube babies to explain how a central character in the Mahabharata had 100 sons. (Not dissimilar to the debates about whether the Quran reflect scientifically correct knowledge.) I also challenged the argument by an Indian engineer who maintained that in vedic times Indians had aeroplanes and even possibly interplanetary flight - although of course none of this is ever aired in international science conferences or publications.

    I have also raised the matter of the treatment of dalits, the entrenched racism that the majority of Indians deny. Do you want me to list all the problematic issues in Indian society that I've raised?

    You're welcome to post whatever the moderators consider to be fair comment. I'm not stopping you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Iranian Jews score Sharia successes
    By Solomon2 in forum Faith & Spirituality
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st August 2015, 17:42
  2. An Honest Assessment of Sharia Law
    By Liberal Gun Owner in forum World Affairs
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 28th December 2014, 15:38
  3. Sharia is a Man made Law
    By Amjad Hussain in forum Faith & Spirituality
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14th March 2014, 03:07
  4. Taliban wants Sharia in Pakistan, war with India
    By ajtr in forum Pakistan's War
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 29th December 2012, 22:24
  5. BNP slams PM for sharia comments
    By Naveed HRitom in forum Bangladesh Affairs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18th November 2012, 07:28

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us on twitter Follow us on twitter