Thread: Turkish businesses see opportunity as Iran opens up

Thanks
    Pakistan Australia

Turkish businesses see opportunity as Iran opens up

ISTANBUL: The lifting of sanctions against Iran may be a mixed blessing for Turkey, opening up access to a fast-growing, lucrative market, but one that could someday rival Ankara as both an investment destination and exporter.

NATO-member Turkey remains the region’s economic powerhouse, with output of nearly $800 billion in 2014, well above Iran’s $425bn, and an advanced manufacturing industry that exports televisions, cars and washing machines to Europe.

But Iran, with a similar-sized population, could close that gap, Turkish business leaders say, thanks to government incentives, a well educated workforce, and vast oil reserves that obviate the need for energy imports.

“It is an economy with great potential,” said businessman Alper Kanca, whose company, Kanca Dovme Celik, produced engine parts for Iranian auto makers for 20 years prior to the sanctions.

“There is extraordinary support from the Iranian government to expand domestic industry.” After the lifting of international sanctions last month, Iran is now the biggest economy to rejoin the global trading system since the Soviet Union broke up more than two decades ago.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says Tehran needs as much as $50bn a year in foreign investment to meet an economic growth target of 8 per cent. So far, deals worth at least $37bn have been announced in industries ranging from construction to aviation and auto manufacturing.

In the short-term, Turkey’s auto industry, which accounted for $22bn in exports last year, could be a beneficiary, thanks to its advanced manufacturing techniques.

“After working closely with European producers for years, Turkish auto parts producers have an upper hand,” said Mehmet Dudaroglu, the chairman of the Turkish auto parts manufacturing association.
    The Following User Says Thank You to NazamKhan For This Useful Post: Mazea

Thanks
    Iran Netherlands

Re: Turkish businesses see opportunity as Iran opens up

Suddenly most nations have started to suck up to the new order.

Thanks
    Turkey Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Mazea View Post
    Lol, i love how you Iranians see yourselves at the center of the Universe.

- When Iran gets sanctioned to death because of it's aggressive and stupid policies. "We are resisting to the West, We are not bowing to NATO, etc.."

-When sanctions get lifted and cooperates start to entering Iranian market. "They are sucking up to us, they are licking our arse, etc...."

Face the reality bro, your "New Order" is only at the half of Turkey's economy despite your natural resources.... You will stay in our shadow like you stayed in the last 1000 years.
    Last edited by Sinan; 3rd February 2016 at 15:57.

Thanks
    Pakistan UK

What new order you talking about? Its strictly business. Why would Turkey, like any other nation turn down business?

Thanks
    Iran Netherlands

Put sanctions on the Turkish for a week and they will cry. Iran has taken 3 years and survived.

Thanks
    Turkey Turkey

Put sanctions on the Turkish for a week and they will cry. Iran has taken 3 years and survived.
    We got sanctioned when we invaded Cyprus, nothing happened.....

Stop bad mouthing Turkey ans take a look your country...Turkey is out of your league.

Thanks
    Turkey Netherlands

Take oil and gas away and you will go back to living in desert tents and start doing snake dancing.
    The Following User Says Thank You to ATILGAN For This Useful Post: Sinan

Thanks
    Pakistan Australia

Both nations have great potential and great business relations would benefit both. Immature statements don't reflect the national status quo
    The Following User Says Thank You to NazamKhan For This Useful Post: Pak92

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by NazamKhan View Post
    Both nations have great potential and great business relations would benefit both. Immature statements don't reflect the national status quo
    I see a lot in Turkey that I admire and wish Pakistan could go down the same route

Thanks
    Pakistan Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Pak92 View Post
    I see a lot in Turkey that I admire and wish Pakistan could go down the same route
    Please share with me what you see in RECENT events that you want Pakistan to go down the same route??

Thanks
    Pakistan England

Quote Originally Posted by ATILGAN View Post
    Take oil and gas away and you will go back to living in desert tents and start doing snake dancing.
    You may have a point but one isn't in a position to gloat. Turkey have shown recently they will sell their soul to the devil for a bot of oil.

Thanks
    Turkey Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    You may have a point but one isn't in a position to gloat. Turkey have shown recently they will sell their soul to the devil for a bot of oil.
    Oh come on, when it is comes to sponsoring terrorism no one can beat Pakistan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakist...ored_terrorism

Pakistan is a well known Terrorism sponsor....whereas we have only slanders thrown upon us.

Google

Thanks
    UK Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Sinan View Post
    Oh come on, when it is comes to sponsoring terrorism no one can beat Pakistan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakist...ored_terrorism

Pakistan is a well known Terrorism sponsor....whereas we have only slanders thrown upon us.

Google
    Why you chaps incapable of accepting or taking criticism?
    Do you expect the world to only report "good news" and "good things" relating to Turkey?
    If you do then you live in a wonder web cocoon because the assistance Turkey has supposedly given ISIS is evident.
    Now i suggest you attempt to stick to the topic.
    Turkey, like any other nation, sees the lifting of the sanctions as a great opportunity to improve economic linkage. Both nations have plenty to gain from scratching each others back.
    The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Superkaif For This Useful Post: Felix,Mazea,Pak92,Wattan

Thanks
    Iran Netherlands

Is that all you got?

Thankfully people like you are not running Turkey.
    Turkey establishment sees great opportunity to do business with Iran and visa versa. You need to stop behaving like an immature teenager and embarrassing yourself.
    Only this morning I talked with a Turkish commodity broker that told me the trade between these 2 great nations could be huge hit.
    The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mazea For This Useful Post: greencold,KingKong,Wattan

Thanks
    Turkey Turkey

Is that all you got?

Thankfully people like you are not running Turkey.
    Turkey establishment sees great opportunity to do business with Iran and visa versa. You need to stop behaving like an immature teenager and embarrassing yourself.
    Only this morning I talked with a Turkish commodity broker that told me the trade between these 2 great nations could be huge hit.
    We are not saying otherwise.... however some see themselves in the mirror of a giant.

Thanks
    Iran Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Sinan View Post
    We got sanctioned when we invaded Cyprus, nothing happened.....

Stop bad mouthing Turkey ans take a look your country...Turkey is out of your league.
    I will do what I want to and be critical of what I don't agree with, even if its regarding Iran. I accept the faults in Iran as there is plenty. You on the other hand feel you are untouchable to critical talk about Turkey.

You come from a nation where 20 grown men came onto this forum and talked big and were going to conquer the forum world and do so much and were the new power in Turkish military talk and were going to do so much and then when it came to the crunch you were scared of Erdogans guards picking you up one night and locking you up.
    You couldn't raise $50 for your own platform between the 20 of you and you want me to look at me own country? Grow up man you are a humiliation. Now stick to the topic or I will slap you more.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mazea For This Useful Post: Latif,Wattan

Thanks
    Turkey Netherlands

Most foreign fighters in Syria come from Iran and Pakistan. Iran delivers Shia terrorists and Pakistan delivers Sunni and Shia terrorists. I kind of wished you fought this war on your own turf instead of our turf. The least you could do is allow us to hunt down terrorists in your territory.

Thanks
    Pakistan Bahrain

Most foreign fighters in Syria come from Iran and Pakistan. Iran delivers Shia terrorists and Pakistan delivers Sunni and Shia terrorists. I kind of wished you fought this war on your own turf instead of our turf. The least you could do is allow us to hunt down terrorists in your territory.
    Any evidence or are you as usual scraping the barrel to troll?