Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 66

Thread: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

Share             
  1. #1
    Senior Moderator Superkaif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Leeds, United Kingdom
    Posts
    14,888
    Thanks
    12096
    UK Pakistan

    'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    PESHAWAR: The 'facilitators behind Bacha Khan University attack' were revealed before reporters on Saturday, following a press conference held by Director-General Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Lieutenant-General Asim Bajwa.

    The director general of the military's media wing shared details of the probe into the January 20 brutal attack on the Bacha Khan University in Charsadda which had claimed at least 21 lives.

    The press briefing began with a recorded telephone conversation between the 'terrorists and a reporter' with the militants claiming responsibility for the attack.

    The reporter was receiving the call from a Pakistani phone while the call came from an Afghan phone and an Afghan sim, according to the DG ISPR who added that, "This attack involved four terrorists, all of whom were killed, and four accomplices."

    'Attack preparations done in Afghanistan'


    Lt-Gen Asim Bajwa said the terrorists did their preparations near Torkham checkpost area in Afghanistan, then they crossed the border using public transport and travelled to Mardan —looking like "common people".

    He also presented a map of Mardan and Charsadda showing the alleged movement of the attackers.

    "After entering Mardan, these terrorists were received by Adil and Riaz," the DG ISPR said while showing the location of the "two men's houses/hideouts on the Mardan-Charsadda road, where the terrorists were kept".

    "Adil is a labourer. A few days ago he was doing some masonry work in the university, and made a map of the university so he could explain it to the attackers. And Adil is the one who helped the attackers figure out their way into the university."

    These facilitators helped the terrorists embark a rickshaw and travel to nearby Imbrahimzai University, where they dismounted, from there they travelled to Bacha Khan University, the director general of the military's media wing said.

    The DG ISPR said that progress has also been made in identifying the finance trail, which he said will be shared once the investigation is complete.

    Society must play its part
    "We have come to the conclusion that terrorism cannot be fought while there are accomplices and facilitators," Lt Gen Bajwa adding that, "terrorism is a problem being faced by the whole world, but all societies play their own role."

    He also requested society to be aware of our surroundings. "All institutions must play their part, all societies must play their part."

    Responding to a question the DG ISPR said that at no point had the Afghan government been blamed for the attack. "We only said that the attacked was planned and handled from Afghan soil."

    Answering another question regarding the Pak-Afghan border he said that, "Border management is an issue. Border management issue is brought up everytime we have a meeting with Afghanistan. We have to work on it."

    "Even developed countries like United States have these challenges — look at the US-Mexico border. Our border management will improve with time, we are working on it. We are also talking to people in tribal agencies and asking them to remain vigilant."

    The January 20 attack was claimed by mastermind of the APS Peshawar attack, Umar Mansoor, of the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) Geedar group.

    A spokesperson from the TTP, Mohammad Khorasani, on the other hand had issued a conflicting statement shortly after Mansoor's claim, in which Khorasani condemned the attack, terming it "against Shariah".

    Chief of Army Staff Gen Raheel Sharif later telephoned Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani and shared with him investigation details of of the BKU attack and also asked him to help in tracing the attackers.

    General Raheel also shared the details of the attack with Afghan chief executive Abdullah Abdullah and commander of Resolute Support Mission and United States Forces in Afghanistan Gen John Campbell.

    Earlier today, Chief or Army Staff General Raheel Sharif chaired a 'special security meeting' at the Corps Headquarters, Peshawar, according to a statement issued by Director-General Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Lieutenant-General Asim Bajwa.

    The meeting reviewed operations in Khyber Pahkhtunkhwa and Federally-Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) as well as the `Intelligence Based Operations` (IBOs), Pak-Afghan border management and the progress into the attack on the Bacha Khan University.

    http://www.dawn.com/news/1234917/fac...ess-conference
    The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Superkaif For This Useful Post: Enigma,KingKong,Neo,Sarmad,sparkling


  2. #2
    Media Editor Sarmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Narowal
    Posts
    1,537
    Thanks
    2857
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Superkaif View Post

    The DG ISPR said that progress has also been made in identifying the finance trail, which he said will be shared once the investigation is complete.

    We already know who is "financing problems for Pakistan from across the border in Afghanistan" .. Our intelligence and investigation agencies should provide "proof" of Indian involvement in terrorist activities on Pakistani soil


    "We have come to the conclusion that terrorism cannot be fought while there are accomplices and facilitators," Lt Gen Bajwa
    If our Armed Forces have finally realized this, Why not begin with arresting (and trying in the Military Courts) the Burqa-clad Coward Mullah Abdul Aziz of Lal-Masjid; the chief supporter/sympathizer of terrorists in Pakistan ? Lal Masjid is only a few (hardly 3 or 4) minutes drive from the ISI headquarters in Islamabad ... !!
    The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sarmad For This Useful Post: Enigma,KingKong,Neo,sparkling

    " There is no God but Allah , Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah " ................... لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله


    "(O Muhammad) And they ask you what they should spend. Say, "The excess [beyond needs]." [Al Quran 2:219]

    "And those who hoard gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah - give them tidings of a painful punishment"[9:34]

    "..Allah has provided land & Resources for all needful.” [41:10]

  3. #3
    Senior Member KingKong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,846
    Thanks
    5485
    Pakistan UK

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmad View Post
    We already know who is "financing problems for Pakistan from across the border in Afghanistan" .. Our intelligence and investigation agencies should provide "proof" of Indian involvement in terrorist activities on Pakistani soil

    If our Armed Forces have finally realized this, Why not begin with arresting (and trying in the Military Courts) the Burqa-clad Coward Mullah Abdul Aziz of Lal-Masjid; the chief supporter/sympathizer of terrorists in Pakistan ? Lal Masjid is only a few (hardly 3 or 4) minutes drive from the ISI headquarters in Islamabad ... !!
    Will be difficult to prove. Slippery as ice.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingKong For This Useful Post: Neo,Sarmad


  4. #4
    Media Editor Sarmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Narowal
    Posts
    1,537
    Thanks
    2857
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by KingKong View Post
    Will be difficult to prove. Slippery as ice.
    There is no other way to effectively counter-balance India's well-organized propaganda machinery and powerful Indian Lobby in the United States ..
    The Following User Says Thank You to Sarmad For This Useful Post: Neo

    " There is no God but Allah , Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah " ................... لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله


    "(O Muhammad) And they ask you what they should spend. Say, "The excess [beyond needs]." [Al Quran 2:219]

    "And those who hoard gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah - give them tidings of a painful punishment"[9:34]

    "..Allah has provided land & Resources for all needful.” [41:10]

  5. #5
    Facebook Editor safriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,658
    Thanks
    5027
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    This is the first time terrorist remaining families have been arrested and facilitators shown to public. Good move. Will deter many.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to safriz For This Useful Post: Neo,Wattan


  6. #6
    Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,007
    Thanks
    520
    Pakistan Europe

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmad View Post

    If our Armed Forces have finally realized this, Why not begin with arresting (and trying in the Military Courts) the Burqa-clad Coward Mullah Abdul Aziz of Lal-Masjid; the chief supporter/sympathizer of terrorists in Pakistan ? Lal Masjid is only a few (hardly 3 or 4) minutes drive from the ISI headquarters in Islamabad ... !!
    Our establishment can not say that it is fully attacking terrorism until all facilitators like these are eliminated


    Btw how responsible whilst stating that attacks were planned in Afghanistan laying no blame on afghan govt unlike some who would be throwing histrionics by now
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enigma For This Useful Post: Neo,Sarmad


  7. #7
    Media Editor Sarmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Narowal
    Posts
    1,537
    Thanks
    2857
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by safriz View Post
    This is the first time terrorist remaining families have been arrested and facilitators shown to public. Good move. Will deter many.
    "Proof" should be provided and the alleged facilitators should be given the right to fair trial ...



    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarmad For This Useful Post: Neo,Wattan

    " There is no God but Allah , Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah " ................... لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله


    "(O Muhammad) And they ask you what they should spend. Say, "The excess [beyond needs]." [Al Quran 2:219]

    "And those who hoard gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah - give them tidings of a painful punishment"[9:34]

    "..Allah has provided land & Resources for all needful.” [41:10]

  8. #8
    Media Editor Sarmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Narowal
    Posts
    1,537
    Thanks
    2857
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Our establishment can not say that it is fully attacking terrorism until all facilitators like these are eliminated
    They are not fully attacking terrorism ... The Military-Mullah Nexus created by Zia still exists ... The existence of radical Islamist elements within Pakistan's armed forces and civilian bureaucracy/government is a serious impediment to the fight against terrorism ...
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarmad For This Useful Post: Enigma,Neo

    Last edited by Sarmad; 23rd January 2016 at 17:01.
    " There is no God but Allah , Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah " ................... لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله


    "(O Muhammad) And they ask you what they should spend. Say, "The excess [beyond needs]." [Al Quran 2:219]

    "And those who hoard gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah - give them tidings of a painful punishment"[9:34]

    "..Allah has provided land & Resources for all needful.” [41:10]

  9. #9
    Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,007
    Thanks
    520
    Pakistan Europe

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmad View Post
    They are not fully attacking terrorism ... The Military-Mullah Nexus created by Zia still exists ... The existence of radical Islamist elements within Pakistan's armed forces and civilian bureaucracy/government is a serious impediment to the fight against terrorism ...
    Well until they act decisive nothing will change we will continue to get soft targets sporadically attacked
    The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enigma For This Useful Post: Ironman,Neo,Sarmad


  10. #10
    Member Ironman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    439
    Pakistan England

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Well until they act decisive nothing will change we will continue to get soft targets sporadically attacked
    Its depressing to see the inactivity by the authorities.
    The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post: Neo


  11. #11
    Facebook Editor safriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,658
    Thanks
    5027
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20160123-WA0006.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	8350

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20160123-WA0004.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	8351

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20160123-WA0002.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	8352

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20160123-WA0003.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	8353...







    ....
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to safriz For This Useful Post: Neo,sparkling


  12. #12
    Senior Member Wattan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,198
    Thanks
    2713
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmad View Post
    "Proof" should be provided and the alleged facilitators should be given the right to fair trial ...



    We need to see the evidence and motive.
    The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wattan For This Useful Post: Neo,Sarmad,sparkling


  13. #13
    Elite Member sparkling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,371
    Thanks
    2444
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Wattan View Post
    We need to see the evidence and motive.
    and the source of their finance.
    The Following User Says Thank You to sparkling For This Useful Post: Neo


  14. #14
    Member Muslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    742
    Thanks
    223
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    If our Armed Forces have finally realized this, Why not begin with arresting (and trying in the Military Courts) the Burqa-clad Coward Mullah Abdul Aziz of Lal-Masjid; the chief supporter/sympathizer of terrorists in Pakistan ? Lal Masjid is only a few (hardly 3 or 4) minutes drive from the ISI headquarters in Islamabad ... !!
    This will create more divide, we have done everything against them on the orders of the U.S., we are facing the backlash, best is to talk, talk at places where the U.S can't drone, U.S is best at sabotaging peace.

  15. #15
    Member Muslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    742
    Thanks
    223
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by safriz View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20160123-WA0006.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	8350

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20160123-WA0004.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	8351

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20160123-WA0002.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	8352

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20160123-WA0003.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	8353...







    ....
    Fidaai Shaheed? Astaghfirullah !

  16. #16
    Senior Member Felix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,517
    Thanks
    2606
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by safriz View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20160123-WA0006.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	8350

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20160123-WA0004.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	8351

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20160123-WA0002.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	8352

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20160123-WA0003.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	8353...







    ....
    Hang the animals

  17. #17
    Elite Member sparkling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,371
    Thanks
    2444
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by safriz View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20160123-WA0006.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	8350

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20160123-WA0004.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	8351

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20160123-WA0002.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	8352

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20160123-WA0003.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	8353...


    ....
    Remove smile off the faces of these dogs

  18. #18
    Professionals US CENTCOM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    543
    United States United States

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    The importance of mutual cooperation between Afghanistan and Pakistan has been acknowledged by the officials from both sides on many occasions. The common enemies have been able to take advantage of the long and rugged terrain shared between the neighboring countries to conduct their terrorist activities inside both countries. The recent attack on the Bacha Khan University again highlights the danger that presides at the hands of these terrorists. To make matters worse, the Taliban faction behind the Bacha Khan University massacre in Charsadda reportedly issued a video message vowing to target schools throughout the country. “We will continue to attack schools, colleges and universities across Pakistan as these are the foundations that produce apostates. We will target and demolish the foundations.”

    http://tribune.com.pk/story/1032278/...-in-new-video/

    The U.S., Pakistan and Afghanistan have made many sacrifices in trying to restore peace and stabilize the Afghanistan and Pakistan region. All differences aside, it is in the best interest of our nations to eradicate terrorism from the region. The leaders from Afghanistan and Pakistan in their recent meetings vowed to work together to negate the common threat.

    We repeat what White House press secretary Josh Earnest said:

    “The conclusion that we’ve drawn here is…that the Taliban poses a security threat to both countries, and that the nations of Afghanistan and Pakistan are going to be able to more effectively confront that threat if they’re able to more effectively cooperate.”

    Ali Khan
    Digital Engagement Team, USCENTCOM

  19. #19
    Senior Member Express's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10,678
    Thanks
    7341
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by US CENTCOM View Post
    The importance of mutual cooperation between Afghanistan and Pakistan has been acknowledged by the officials from both sides on many occasions. The common enemies have been able to take advantage of the long and rugged terrain shared between the neighboring countries to conduct their terrorist activities inside both countries. The recent attack on the Bacha Khan University again highlights the danger that presides at the hands of these terrorists. To make matters worse, the Taliban faction behind the Bacha Khan University massacre in Charsadda reportedly issued a video message vowing to target schools throughout the country. “We will continue to attack schools, colleges and universities across Pakistan as these are the foundations that produce apostates. We will target and demolish the foundations.”

    http://tribune.com.pk/story/1032278/...-in-new-video/

    The U.S., Pakistan and Afghanistan have made many sacrifices in trying to restore peace and stabilize the Afghanistan and Pakistan region. All differences aside, it is in the best interest of our nations to eradicate terrorism from the region. The leaders from Afghanistan and Pakistan in their recent meetings vowed to work together to negate the common threat.

    We repeat what White House press secretary Josh Earnest said:

    “The conclusion that we’ve drawn here is…that the Taliban poses a security threat to both countries, and that the nations of Afghanistan and Pakistan are going to be able to more effectively confront that threat if they’re able to more effectively cooperate.”

    Ali Khan
    Digital Engagement Team, USCENTCOM
    Ali sahib

    You words and comments are greatly appreciated. The problem is your work and time is cut out because when your supreme leader (yesterday) --- launched his weekly speech and suggested "Pakistan should do more" --- it insinuates that Pakistans efforts have been futile and minimal. As a nation we have lost over 50,000 people in the WOT. When your supreme leader makes speeches of "Pakistan needs to do more", its deflating and morale defeating.
    The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Express For This Useful Post: Greenstar,Muslim,Neo,Sarmad


  20. #20
    Media Editor Sarmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Narowal
    Posts
    1,537
    Thanks
    2857
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: 'Facilitators behind BKU attack' revealed after DG ISPR's press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    Ali sahib

    You words and comments are greatly appreciated. The problem is your work and time is cut out because when your supreme leader (yesterday) --- launched his weekly speech and suggested "Pakistan should do more" --- it insinuates that Pakistans efforts have been futile and minimal. As a nation we have lost over 50,000 people in the WOT. When your supreme leader makes speeches of "Pakistan needs to do more", its deflating and morale defeating.
    48,504 Pakistani Civilians (excluding 416-951 civilians killed by drones), 45 Journalists, 5,498 Soldiers & 26,862 militants (Total 81,325 – 81,860) had been killed in the first 10 years (2004 until the end of 2013) of the so called War on Terror ...

    http://www.ippnw.de/commonFiles/pdfs...2015_final.pdf
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarmad For This Useful Post: Muslim,Neo

    " There is no God but Allah , Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah " ................... لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله


    "(O Muhammad) And they ask you what they should spend. Say, "The excess [beyond needs]." [Al Quran 2:219]

    "And those who hoard gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah - give them tidings of a painful punishment"[9:34]

    "..Allah has provided land & Resources for all needful.” [41:10]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22nd May 2015, 08:51
  2. General Asim DGISPR Press conference Zarbeazb
    By safriz in forum Pakistan's War
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30th October 2014, 03:44
  3. Imad Khalid Press Conference on Geo News against #ZaidHamid
    By jalismirza in forum National Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st November 2013, 16:10

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us on twitter Follow us on twitter