Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tejas Vs JF 17 at airshows.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Tejas Vs JF 17 at airshows.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to safriz For This Useful Post: Hariz,Mohan Tiwari,sami

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Re: Tejas Vs JF 17 at airshows.

click to play the video

Thanks
    Pakistan UK

[MENTION=43]safriz[/MENTION] what is in post 2 I cant see anything?

Thanks
    India India

Tejas does ditto similar to F22 which is called low level pass verticle climb---

See from 00:30 seconds

F22: 9 second to lift off and 9 second low level pass followed by vertical manoeuvre
    tejas: 13 second to lift off and 16 second low level pass followed by vertical manoeuvre

Jf17 takes longer time 20+ seconds to lift off and pick up more speed & then do a verical climb of smaller height at slanted angle(less than 90 degree)

I believe that Tejas has lower stall velocity needed for lift off--It makes sharper turns( more agile) & it was able to do free fall and negative g manoeuvre.

Tejas have advantage over JF-17 in 5 of these features due to fully digital FBW, delta wing design and powerful Ge404 IN20 engine >RD-93 engine
    1. Short take off and landing ability.
    2. Better Agillity
    3. Faster Quick turn
    4. Negative G turn
    5. Quick vertical take off

Tejas SP-4 shown in Bahrain air show is Pre FOC(Pre- final operation clearance)/LSP(Limited service production)introduced 5 years ago which are highly under-powered because of lead ballast of (200-300Kg) and 300-400 kg heavier landing gear. Lead Ballast will be removed and landing gear is being simplified

MK1- IOC Trainer version came in 2015
    MK1- FOC Trainer version will come in 2016 which will go through many of 43 feature updates from SP1-SP20 Trainer version during 2016-19.

MK1-A (IAF Fighter version)will start production from 2019. It will see some of the reaming 43 feature updates. It will see 500+ kg weight reduction and 5% + reduction in drag. It'll have a pod mounted SPJ(self-protection jammer), IFR probe & an AESA.
    The Following User Says Thank You to Mohan Tiwari For This Useful Post: vsdoc

Last edited by Mohan Tiwari; 22nd January 2016 at 11:24.

Thanks
    India India

[MENTION=9415]Mohan Tiwari[/MENTION]

I am not reading any chatter yet about our plane's performance on gora defence sites. By professionals.

Thanks
    Pakistan UK

Quote Originally Posted by safriz View Post
    Excellent video. Thanks

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Hariz View Post
    [MENTION=43]safriz[/MENTION] what is in post 2 I cant see anything?
    you sir...made me laugh
    There was nothing there ,it was about the video in first comment.
    The Following User Says Thank You to safriz For This Useful Post: Hariz

Thanks
    India India

[MENTION=43]safriz[/MENTION]

JF17 being Delta cropped wing shoul have better AOA at low speed than compound delta wing Tejas

Thanks
    Pakistan Netherlands

Except for the nine seconds 8G vertical pull up there's nothing impressive about Tejaz. It doesn't look energetic at all.
    The take off is the slowest ever I have seen in an Internatioanal air show. It took off like a passenger jet with a very slow climb.
    The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post: spanking1962

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Thanks
    China China

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Except for the nine seconds 8G vertical pull up there's nothing impressive about Tejaz. It doesn't look energetic at all.
    The take off is the slowest ever I have seen in an Internatioanal air show. It took off like a passenger jet with a very slow climb.
    In combat it wouldn't get off the ground before being demolished.

Thanks
    Pakistan Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by spanking1962 View Post
    In combat it wouldn't get off the ground before being demolished.
    I wouldn't say that, I think its a capable point defence fighter once it's ready (if ever). But it's highly overrated so I was expecting a much better show.
    Quite a disappointment there.
    The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post: Wattan

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Pakistan Australia

I wouldn't say that, I think its a capable point defence fighter once it's ready (if ever). But it's highly overrated so I was expecting a much better show.
    This is the major flaw that cant be hidden

Thanks
    Pakistan Netherlands

I am pleased to see the Tejaz progress. We would have to deal with much more better and superior Gripen of the project was killed. We can handle it.
    The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post: Hope

Thanks
    Pakistan United Arab Emirates

I am pleased to see the Tejaz progress. We would have to deal with much more better and superior Gripen of the project was killed. We can handle it.
    Lets be sensible and real. How long has this taken and why the delay brother?

Thanks
    Pakistan Netherlands

The vertical start after starting up of the LCA is far more impressive cause it takes tons of time to gain speed and then pulling up... And even then pulling g's with a conventional delta is destroying all your kinetic energy. I love Indians when they start comparing LCA with F22. Let us be clear. JF17 and LCA are nothing compared to F22. That is the reality. Both are light fighter jets, NON stealth and certainly not surviving 4.5 gen planes that are now on the market. The JF17 is running towards block40+ level and has some features of block52. Still not close to what block52 can do... The LCA is lots of ideas but still not even block15... It does not even have enough room for equipment and he pilot needs to be small. I think it even is the wrong plane for India... Look. India has huge airspace to defend. It needs big planes. Not light planes that are based close to the border. Pakistan has no strategic depth. It needs those small planes. Agility against the attackers is very important.

Thanks
    Pakistan Netherlands

They bought the better delta Mirage 2000H. Now they are dragging a better delta Rafale. Why so much focus on a small plane that is not suited or India?
    The Following User Says Thank You to Munir For This Useful Post: Wattan

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Can you honestly see this happening in the next 3 years

Thanks
    Pakistan Netherlands

The mirage 2K shows i have seen in a few decades were a lot more extreme then this show done by Tejas. And the jf17 show does a bit better then one would expect. I have seen the show from the flightline and it was impressive.

If the delta was so good then the mirage 2000 would be sold a lot better...

Thanks
    Pakistan Netherlands

LCA is a poor rip off of Mirage 2000. The designing is done by Dassault and some interesting hitech weapons and electronics added to it by several countries. It would have been a capable fighter if inducted a decade ago because it would have been superior than PAF's frontline block 15 F-16AB of which we only had 32 in service.

But we have progressed with modernisation and inducted the block 52 F-16CD. PAF has a fleet of 76 F-16 with mlu3 and block 52 which outclass the Tejaz in every single aspect.

I see tall claims coming from Indian fanboys after a single airshow but funny part is that western media has not even bothered to give it little coverage. Except for the vertical climb, no smart manoevres were completed. My impression is that the man behind the machine doesn't have enough faith in its capabilities and he did all necessary things to put a decent show but still failed to impress the world. I am very curious to see how the western analysts will rate this aircraft as it will make more appearances at international shows. I believe Singapore is next. Let's see what happens.

Thanks
    India India

LCA is a poor rip off of Mirage 2000. The designing is done by Dassault and some interesting hitech weapons and electronics added to it by several countries. It would have been a capable fighter if inducted a decade ago because it would have been superior than PAF's frontline block 15 F-16AB of which we only had 32 in service.

But we have progressed with modernisation and inducted the block 52 F-16CD. PAF has a fleet of 76 F-16 with mlu3 and block 52 which outclass the Tejaz in every single aspect.

I see tall claims coming from Indian fanboys after a single airshow but funny part is that western media has not wven bothered to give it enough coverage. Except for the vertical climb, no smart manoevres were completed. My impression is that the man behind the machine doesn't have enough faith in its capabilities and he did all necessary things to put a decent show but still failed to impress the world. I am very curious to see how the western analysts will rate this aircraft as it will make more appearances at international shows. I believe Singapore is next. Let's see what happens.
    Will you come back to fight in the next war?

I'm right here. Waiting.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast