Thread: India’s Second Nuclear Submarine INS Aridhaman set for Soft launch in 2016

Thanks
    India India

India’s Second Nuclear Submarine INS Aridhaman set for Soft launch in 2016

While India’s first indigenously developed Nuclear submarine INS Arihant is busy completing the last leg of weapons trials before being commissioned into Indian Navy in February early next year, Follow up submarine of Arihant class named ” INS Aridhaman” too has been prepped for a soft launch next year as per latest media reports.

INS Arihant which was soft launched in 2009 took nearly 6 years to complete Harbour and Sea trials before it embarked on weapons trials in mid of this year, with System integration experience of INS Arihant in hand, Navy is now confident that turnaround time of INS Aridhaman from Soft launch to commissioning will be cut by half when compared to INS Arihant and will enter service in 2019 .

Fabrication of Hull for the third un-named Arihant class Nuclear submarine is almost complete and work on system integration will take place soon and will be ready for soft launch by the time INS Aridhaman is ready for entering service in Indian Navy.

INS Aridhaman will have improved Systems over Arihant which navy has demanded and will also include integration of longer ranged 3500km K-4 Submarine-launched ballistic missile which is still in developmental stage.
    http://idrw.org/indias-second-nuclea...aunch-in-2016/

[MENTION=9609]vsdoc[/MENTION]

Thanks
    India India

Re: India’s Second Nuclear Submarine INS Aridhaman set for Soft launch in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mohan Tiwari View Post

While India’s first indigenously developed Nuclear submarine INS Arihant is busy completing the last leg of weapons trials before being commissioned into Indian Navy in February early next year, Follow up submarine of Arihant class named ” INS Aridhaman” too has been prepped for a soft launch next year as per latest media reports.

INS Arihant which was soft launched in 2009 took nearly 6 years to complete Harbour and Sea trials before it embarked on weapons trials in mid of this year, with System integration experience of INS Arihant in hand, Navy is now confident that turnaround time of INS Aridhaman from Soft launch to commissioning will be cut by half when compared to INS Arihant and will enter service in 2019 .

Fabrication of Hull for the third un-named Arihant class Nuclear submarine is almost complete and work on system integration will take place soon and will be ready for soft launch by the time INS Aridhaman is ready for entering service in Indian Navy.

INS Aridhaman will have improved Systems over Arihant which navy has demanded and will also include integration of longer ranged 3500km K-4 Submarine-launched ballistic missile which is still in developmental stage.
    http://idrw.org/indias-second-nuclea...aunch-in-2016/

[MENTION=9609]vsdoc[/MENTION]
    I like the idea of India making submarines, fighters, attack helicopters, tanks, artillery guns, armored personnel carriers, battleships, etc.

On our own.

I realize each have their limitations, are probably not very good as well. You seem pretty clue in. Military hardware was never my forte. I am a denizen of defense forums for entirely different reasons.

But I worry about a war where we are dependent on outsiders for weaponry and ammunition to keep fighting.

Someone who is a friend today, may not come forward when we need him.

It is critical to therefore develop a sustainable industry that will ensure that we continue to have the means to hit back. As long as we have the resources, the money, and the men.

In a fight I would rather have a ready ample supply of rocks and clubs, than a fancy space age ray gun with the remote control in the hands of someone else.

Cheers, Doc
    The Following User Says Thank You to vsdoc For This Useful Post: Mohan Tiwari

Thanks
    India India

Re: India’s Second Nuclear Submarine INS Aridhaman set for Soft launch in 2016

I dont understand the reason for not building conventional submarine indigenous.

I guess its more to do with precision engineering and lack of experience in closely packed diesel electric submarine

Its easier to fabricate 11 KM thick,100+ meter long and 6000 tons heavy nuclear submarine.

India should restart a project on conventional submarine research. An Indian built nuke SSBN/SSN cost 2+ bill$. India can make 6-7 diesel electric submarine with that price.