Thread: Turkey could eventually choose the Chinese-made FD-2000a

Thanks
    Europe Pakistan

Turkey could eventually choose the Chinese-made FD-2000a

Turkey could eventually choose the Chinese-made FD-2000 as new air defense missile system.
    Turkey is open to an improved bid from its preferred bidder China in a long-range missile defense system tender, Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Tuesday, July 28, 2015, ahead of a visit to Beijing. U.S. and European allies want Turkey to use a system that is compatible with NATO's air defence and because they are worried about inherent security risks from Chinese technology.

Turkey is open to an improved bid from its preferred bidder China in a long-range missile defense system tender, Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Tuesday, July 28, 2015, ahead of a visit to Beijing. U.S. and European allies want Turkey to use a system that is compatible with NATO's air defence and because they are worried about inherent security risks from Chinese technology. Chinese-made FD-2000 air defense missile system at Air Show China.

In 2013, Turkey chose China Precision Machinery Import and Export Corp as the preferred candidate for the US$3.4 billion deal, stirring U.S. and Western concern about security and the compatibility of the weaponry with NATO systems.

In March 2015, China confirmed an agreement to sell the HQ-9 air defence missile system to Turkey. A representative of China National Precision Machinery Import & Export Corporation said it was well-known that the Chinese FD-2000 system, a HQ-9 model for export, was chosen for the contract with Turkey in 2013.

According to a Turkish defence industry official, Ankara has not yet taken a final decision on its planned long-range missile defence system and contract talks with China are continuing.

The other contenders for the contract were the Patriot made by Raytheon and Lockheed Martin in the US, the SAMP/T made by the French-Italian consortium Eurosam, and Russia's Antey-2500 made by Rosoboronexport.

According to a report from CCTV's website, the winning Chinese FD-2000 system beat the US Patriot, the Russian S-400 and the French-Italian Eurosam Samp-T.

After Turkey announced the decision to award the contract to China, NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said a few days later that he expected Turkey to choose a system that was compatible with those of other allies.

In recent years, China and Turkey have enjoyed the steady development of their bilateral trade relations, with China becoming Turkey's second largest source of imports and its third largest trading partner.

American-made Patriot MIM-104 air defense missile system American-made Patriot MIM-104 air defense missile system

French-made SAMP air defense missile system French-made SAMP air defense missile system

Russian-made S-300VM air defense missile system

http://www.armyrecognition.com/july_..._12807151.html

Russian-made S-300VM air defense missile system Russian-made S-300VM air defense missile system
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greencold For This Useful Post: Pak92,T-123456

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Re: Turkey could eventually choose the Chinese-made FD-2000a

I cant see Turkey as a Nato member buying Chinese equipment but then I am not an expert on these matters
    The Following User Says Thank You to Pak92 For This Useful Post: T-123456

Thanks
    Turkey Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Pak92 View Post
    I cant see Turkey as a Nato member buying Chinese equipment but then I am not an expert on these matters
    When and if we buy this system(i still doubt it),it will only be for the technology transfer.
    Aselsan and Roketsan are developing an indigenous system,my choice would be to wait for that but knowing Erdogan,he will decide to opt for the Chinese system.
    Im guessing,he will give the news on his visit to China(this week).
    The Following User Says Thank You to T-123456 For This Useful Post: Mazea

Thanks
    Iran Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by T-123456 View Post
    When and if we buy this system(i still doubt it),it will only be for the technology transfer.
    Aselsan and Roketsan are developing an indigenous system,my choice would be to wait for that but knowing Erdogan,he will decide to opt for the Chinese system.
    Im guessing,he will give the news on his visit to China(this week).
    Bro do you really think so that Turkey will buy this system?
    The Following User Says Thank You to Mazea For This Useful Post: T-123456

Thanks
    Turkey Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Mazea View Post
    Bro do you really think so that Turkey will buy this system?
    I think yes.
    The Following User Says Thank You to T-123456 For This Useful Post: Mazea