Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 330

Thread: Turkey's war against Daesh terrorism | Updates and Discussions

Share             
  1. #21
    Senior Member Felix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,517
    Thanks
    2606
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    Quote Originally Posted by T-123456 View Post
    If these countries(Russia,Iran) end their miltary support to Assad,is he not finished?
    Russia and Iran not going anywhere bro

  2. #22
    Elite Member T-123456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,699
    Thanks
    4227
    Turkey Netherlands

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    Why would any of these countries want to do that? Why would they want Ikhwani Mofos or ISIL running Syria??
    It was you who wrote and i quote,

    ''my guess is that Russia, Iran and to a lesser extent, China are decided that project Bashar needs to end''

    What does this mean to you,how should it end,by the use of magic?

  3. #23
    Elite Member T-123456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,699
    Thanks
    4227
    Turkey Netherlands

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Russia and Iran not going anywhere bro
    I guess,they are not alone in that,none of the players wants to leave.

  4. #24
    Think Tank Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    11,034
    Thanks
    5084
    UK UK

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    Quote Originally Posted by T-123456 View Post
    It was you who wrote and i quote,

    ''my guess is that Russia, Iran and to a lesser extent, China are decided that project Bashar needs to end''

    What does this mean to you,how should it end,by the use of magic?
    Project Bashar is a Saudi and their sponsors enterprise -- Recall a "red line" about chemical weapons and the threat of invasion, the Russians handled that because of their naval base, in Tartus, if I'm not mistaken - and the most effective force against ISIL are led by Iranian officers.

    I think you have misunderstood me, my point was that Iran, Russian and to a lesser extent China are decided that the Saudi plan must be resisted more strenuously.
    The Following User Says Thank You to Muse For This Useful Post: T-123456


  5. #25
    Elite Member T-123456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,699
    Thanks
    4227
    Turkey Netherlands

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    Project Bashar is a Saudi and their sponsors enterprise -- Recall a "red line" about chemical weapons and the threat of invasion, the Russians handled that because of their naval base, in Tartus, if I'm not mistaken - and the most effective force against ISIL are led by Iranian officers.

    I think you have misunderstood me, my point was that Iran, Russian and to a lesser extent China are decided that the Saudi plan must be resisted more strenuously.
    I guess i misunderstood,but still,why would you come to that clonclusion?
    What are the signs of that?

  6. #26
    Think Tank Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    11,034
    Thanks
    5084
    UK UK

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    Quote Originally Posted by T-123456 View Post
    I guess i misunderstood,but still,why would you come to that clonclusion?
    What are the signs of that?
    Firstly the US acceptance of Iranian leadership of certain armed elements in Iraq, which I think suggests an understanding between Iran and US on ISIL, the pace of training so called "Free Syrian" forces by the US, newspaper reports quote that thus far perhaps 60 individuals are judged to be worthy of the training.
    Secondly Russian behavior in the Crimea suggests that will be forceful in protecting their interests.
    And thirdly there appears to be a general understanding among Russia, CHina and Iran that the Takfiri must be stopped where they are and not allowed to pollute other areas.

  7. #27
    Elite Member T-123456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,699
    Thanks
    4227
    Turkey Netherlands

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    Firstly the US acceptance of Iranian leadership of certain armed elements in Iraq, which I think suggests an understanding between Iran and US on ISIL, the pace of training so called "Free Syrian" forces by the US, newspaper reports quote that thus far perhaps 60 individuals are judged to be worthy of the training.
    Secondly Russian behavior in the Crimea suggests that will be forceful in protecting their interests.
    And thirdly there appears to be a general understanding among Russia, CHina and Iran that the Takfiri must be stopped where they are and not allowed to pollute other areas.
    By Takfiri,you mean ISIS?

  8. #28
    Think Tank Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    11,034
    Thanks
    5084
    UK UK

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    When we told our friends and brothers, that they OUGHT to learn from the example of Pakistan, they told us that Turkiye is no Pakistan, no doubt this the truth, but the Islamist, the Takfiri, the Safafi, the Wahabi, the Ahle Sunnat wa Jummat or the Ikhwan or by whatever freaking name they are going by, is the same everywhere - Bayram present?




    28 dead in suicide attack in Turkey border town: ministry

    Agencies | Mateen Haider Updated Jul 20, 2015


    ISTANBUL: Twenty-eight people were killed on Monday in a suicide attack in the Turkish town of Suruc near the border with Syria, the interior ministry said.

    A terrorist attack took place in the town of Suruc in Sanliurfa today (Monday) around 12 pm local time, the interior ministry said in a statement.

    An official in the prime minister's office said 28 people were killed and nearly 100 injured in Suruc, which is home to a large number of Syrian refugees.

    We are calling on all for common sense in the face of this terrorist attack targeting our country's unity, the ministry said.

    Preliminary evidence suggests an Islamic State suicide attack caused the blast that ripped through the Turkish border town of Suruc on Monday, two senior Turkish officials told Reuters.

    Our initial evidence shows that this was a suicide attack by the Islamic State, one of the officials, who declined to be identified, told Reuters.

    Suruc is just across the border from the Syrian city of Kobani, the scene of fierce battles between Kurdish groups and the Islamic State (IS) group.

    Kobani was the IS group's biggest defeat last year since it established control over large swathes of Iraq and Syria. The city has become a symbol of Kurdish resistance against the group.

    Private Turkish Doğan News Agency (DHA) earlier said the blast occurred at a cultural center while a political group was giving a statement to the press on Kobani's reconstruction.

    News reports said 300 people from the Federation of Socialist Youths association were staying at the cultural center and were preparing to travel to Kobani to help with the rebuilding. Kobani was also the scene of surprise IS attacks last month that killed more than 200 people.
    Pakistan condemns Turkey suicide attack

    Pakistan has condemned in strong words the terrorist attack in Turkey today.

    "We condemn in the strongest terms the terrorist attack that took place in Suruc, Sanliurfa Province of Turkey, today, in which so many precious lives have been lost," said Qazi Khalilullah, Foreign Office spokesperson.

    "Our thoughts and prayers are with the bereaved families," he added.

    "Pakistan reiterates its condemnation of terrorism in all forms and manifestations. We extend our heartfelt sympathies and condolences to the brotherly people and government of Turkey and pray for the speediest recovery of those wounded in this abhorrent attack," Khalilullah said.
    The Following User Says Thank You to Muse For This Useful Post: sparkling


  9. #29
    Elite Member sparkling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,371
    Thanks
    2444
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    It would appear Turkish have learned little from Pakistans experience and unfortunately it's starting to look strongly dj vu read afghan for Syrian refugees etc

  10. #30
    Think Tank Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    11,034
    Thanks
    5084
    UK UK

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    Quote Originally Posted by sparkling View Post
    It would appear Turkish have learned little from Pakistans experience and unfortunately it's starting to look strongly dj vu read afghan for Syrian refugees etc
    Let me draw a picture ---- imagine if this event takes place in Istanbul or Ankara or by the tomb of Rumi -- far fetched??? Mr. Erdogan has by now alarmed and accumulated many political enemies - how can his political enemies, especially if they are in the security services, may use of this event?? What if they calculate that perhaps it would not be such a bad idea that such an event takes place in a large city, certainly the Wahabi will want to target Rumi's tomb -- What will happen to Turkiye's economy and reputation as a safe haven?????

    Mr. Erdogan and the AKP may suffer, but it will take Turkiye a long time to recover lost reputation -- what then are Mr. Erdogan's options? read this quote from the piece above:
    We are calling on all for common sense in the face of this terrorist attack targeting our country's unity,” the ministry said.


    Already it seems, the ground is being prepared for blaming some other entity, not any Islamist - you can already guess, which entity targeting "our UNITY" refers to.

    Setting up Turkiye to fight internal wars instead of the external enemy - it's worked exceptionally well elsewhere, why should turkiye be an exception, especially since the prerequisites all exist?.

  11. #31
    Elite Member T-123456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,699
    Thanks
    4227
    Turkey Netherlands

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    When we told our friends and brothers, that they OUGHT to learn from the example of Pakistan, they told us that Turkiye is no Pakistan, no doubt this the truth, but the Islamist, the Takfiri, the Safafi, the Wahabi, the Ahle Sunnat wa Jummat or the Ikhwan or by whatever freaking name they are going by, is the same everywhere - Bayram present?




    28 dead in suicide attack in Turkey border town: ministry

    Agencies | Mateen Haider — Updated Jul 20, 2015


    ISTANBUL: Twenty-eight people were killed on Monday in a suicide attack in the Turkish town of Suruc near the border with Syria, the interior ministry said.

    A terrorist attack took place in the town of Suruc in Sanliurfa today (Monday) around 12 pm local time,” the interior ministry said in a statement.

    An official in the prime minister's office said 28 people were killed and nearly 100 injured in Suruc, which is home to a large number of Syrian refugees.

    We are calling on all for common sense in the face of this terrorist attack targeting our country's unity,” the ministry said.

    Preliminary evidence suggests an Islamic State suicide attack caused the blast that ripped through the Turkish border town of Suruc on Monday, two senior Turkish officials told Reuters.

    Our initial evidence shows that this was a suicide attack by the Islamic State,” one of the officials, who declined to be identified, told Reuters.

    Suruc is just across the border from the Syrian city of Kobani, the scene of fierce battles between Kurdish groups and the Islamic State (IS) group.

    Kobani was the IS group's biggest defeat last year since it established control over large swathes of Iraq and Syria. The city has become a symbol of Kurdish resistance against the group.

    Private Turkish Doğan News Agency (DHA) earlier said the blast occurred at a cultural center while a political group was giving a statement to the press on Kobani's reconstruction.

    News reports said 300 people from the Federation of Socialist Youths association were staying at the cultural center and were preparing to travel to Kobani to help with the rebuilding. Kobani was also the scene of surprise IS attacks last month that killed more than 200 people.
    Pakistan condemns Turkey suicide attack

    Pakistan has condemned in strong words the terrorist attack in Turkey today.

    "We condemn in the strongest terms the terrorist attack that took place in Suruc, Sanliurfa Province of Turkey, today, in which so many precious lives have been lost," said Qazi Khalilullah, Foreign Office spokesperson.

    "Our thoughts and prayers are with the bereaved families," he added.

    "Pakistan reiterates its condemnation of terrorism in all forms and manifestations. We extend our heartfelt sympathies and condolences to the brotherly people and government of Turkey and pray for the speediest recovery of those wounded in this abhorrent attack," Khalilullah said.
    You might want to check this thread in the Turkish section first(please,go trough the whole thread).
    ''Thread: 30 killed as blast hits Turkey border town near Syria''
    Especially,check the posts of revojam,Sinan and myself.
    The Following User Says Thank You to T-123456 For This Useful Post: revojam


  12. #32
    Think Tank Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    11,034
    Thanks
    5084
    UK UK

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    [MENTION=4322]T-123456[/MENTION]

    I had not seen that thread - as I read, I found Sinan echoing -- You recall "Pakistan's Bazaaris" thread ?? think of those who do business with ISIL

  13. #33
    Elite Member T-123456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,699
    Thanks
    4227
    Turkey Netherlands

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    [MENTION=4322]T-123456[/MENTION]

    I had not seen that thread - as I read, I found Sinan echoing -- You recall "Pakistan's Bazaaris" thread ?? think of those who do business with ISIL
    Since you have read the thread you must have noticed post 26 by revojam and my post 29,after that post 31 by Sinan and post 32 by revojam again.
    See,i could have just posted RIP and be done with but as i knew something else was going on and no one but revojam had seen it i waited.
    Post 33 explains my stance on the matter.
    Sinan's stance(post 35) is clear until then,crush ISIS immediately.
    Post 38 Sinan asks about the video,''are they calling us(Turks) HAIN(same in Urdu i guess)???''.
    The climax of the thread,post 41 by Sinan,''I take back everything i said....good riddance that these dogs met their maker.''
    He found out that those so called protesters are nothing but fvcking PKK supporters.
    So brotherman,should i care about,the loss of life of some terrorists?
    Should i worry about ISIS being able to commit terrorist acts in my country?

    See the dilemma my people are in?
    The coin has two sides Muse.

  14. #34
    Think Tank Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    11,034
    Thanks
    5084
    UK UK

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    Quote Originally Posted by T-123456 View Post
    Since you have read the thread you must have noticed post 26 by revojam and my post 29,after that post 31 by Sinan and post 32 by revojam again.
    See,i could have just posted RIP and be done with but as i knew something else was going on and no one but revojam had seen it i waited.
    Post 33 explains my stance on the matter.
    Sinan's stance(post 35) is clear until then,crush ISIS immediately.
    Post 38 Sinan asks about the video,''are they calling us(Turks) HAIN(same in Urdu i guess)???''.
    The climax of the thread,post 41 by Sinan,''I take back everything i said....good riddance that these dogs met their maker.''
    He found out that those so called protesters are nothing but fvcking PKK supporters.
    So brotherman,should i care about,the loss of life of some terrorists?
    Should i worry about ISIS being able to commit terrorist acts in my country?

    See the dilemma my people are in?
    The coin has two sides Muse.


    See my post # 30 -- putting Turkiye in this position is no coincidence -- and as usual the govt types have relied on "Nationalistic sentiment" to mask their ineptitude -- protestors PKK supporters? And what should they be seeing the mighty Turkish armed forces watching their brethren torn to bits by ISIL ---- As an example, many in the US expressed disbelief and anger at Pakistan for supporting Pashtun nationalists in Afghanistan, even as these very same were a threat to Pakistan, they seemed to not understand that there more than twice as many Pastun (Afghans) in Pakistan than in Afghanistan and they exert political pressure. In the end, it came back to bite Pakistan --- Turkiye's choice, whether to fall for "Nationalistic sentiment" or attack the real enemy and then focus on reconciling --- someone is funding PKK. Someone is providing them support and it's nation states that are doing it, and these nation states can be dealt with.

  15. #35
    Junior Member revojam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    39
    Turkey Turkey

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    See my post # 30 -- putting Turkiye in this position is no coincidence -- and as usual the govt types have relied on "Nationalistic sentiment" to mask their ineptitude -- protestors PKK supporters? And what should they be seeing the mighty Turkish armed forces watching their brethren torn to bits by ISIL ---- As an example, many in the US expressed disbelief and anger at Pakistan for supporting Pashtun nationalists in Afghanistan, even as these very same were a threat to Pakistan, they seemed to not understand that there more than twice as many Pastun (Afghans) in Pakistan than in Afghanistan and they exert political pressure. In the end, it came back to bite Pakistan --- Turkiye's choice, whether to fall for "Nationalistic sentiment" or attack the real enemy and then focus on reconciling --- someone is funding PKK. Someone is providing them support and it's nation states that are doing it, and these nation states can be dealt with.
    Our real enemy is not ISIS this is what you don't understand.

  16. #36
    Elite Member T-123456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,699
    Thanks
    4227
    Turkey Netherlands

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    See my post # 30 -- putting Turkiye in this position is no coincidence -- and as usual the govt types have relied on "Nationalistic sentiment" to mask their ineptitude -- protestors PKK supporters? And what should they be seeing the mighty Turkish armed forces watching their brethren torn to bits by ISIL ---- As an example, many in the US expressed disbelief and anger at Pakistan for supporting Pashtun nationalists in Afghanistan, even as these very same were a threat to Pakistan, they seemed to not understand that there more than twice as many Pastun (Afghans) in Pakistan than in Afghanistan and they exert political pressure. In the end, it came back to bite Pakistan --- Turkiye's choice, whether to fall for "Nationalistic sentiment" or attack the real enemy and then focus on reconciling --- someone is funding PKK. Someone is providing them support and it's nation states that are doing it, and these nation states can be dealt with.
    Our real enemy is PKK.
    You really dont know why ISIS exists,but we all have our own opinions.
    These nation states are known to us,Germany,Russia,USA,France,Denmark,Greece,Iran,S yria(Kobani),so brotherman,how do we deal with them?

  17. #37
    Elite Member sparkling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,371
    Thanks
    2444
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    Oh dear but who would fund terrorists in Turkey?

  18. #38
    Think Tank Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    11,034
    Thanks
    5084
    UK UK

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    OK, have it your way - if PKK is your real enemy and you know who supports them, then clearly Turkish diplomacy should be able to deal with them -- Iran supports PKK??? OK, whatever you say.

    Neither Iran nor Syria nor Turkiye want to see a Kurdish State that will jeopardize their territorial integrity --- You will see a further aggressive funding of Wahabi outfits in a short time, you will see relations between the Wahabi and Pakistan sour - and they will surely sour with Turkiye as well.

  19. #39
    Elite Member T-123456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,699
    Thanks
    4227
    Turkey Netherlands

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    OK, have it your way - if PKK is your real enemy and you know who supports them, then clearly Turkish diplomacy should be able to deal with them -- Iran supports PKK??? OK, whatever you say.

    Neither Iran nor Syria nor Turkiye want to see a Kurdish State that will jeopardize their territorial integrity --- You will see a further aggressive funding of Wahabi outfits in a short time, you will see relations between the Wahabi and Pakistan sour - and they will surely sour with Turkiye as well.
    Ok,lets say that all the surrounding countries together defeated ISIS,then what Muse?
    I want you to tell me whats going to happen next,if you cant i will.

  20. #40
    Elite Member sparkling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,371
    Thanks
    2444
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: Turkey Starts Fighting ISIS - In Order to Fight Kurds

    So neither Iran Turkey nor Syria nor Iraq want an independent Kurd starte as they stand to lose territory. So who does? Israel? Saudis?

    Why are Iraq Syria and Iran on the same page but not Turkey surely the common enemy is a Kurd state

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WZ-10 Helicopter Discussions | Updates
    By RaptorRX in forum China Affairs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 31st October 2015, 13:48
  2. Whos afraid of Daesh in Afghanistan?
    By Wattan in forum Afghanistan Affairs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26th June 2015, 14:04
  3. Daesh Commander Arrested?
    By US CENTCOM in forum Pakistan's War
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22nd January 2015, 15:17
  4. Karachi Operation: News, updates and discussions
    By sami in forum Pakistan's War
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 20th January 2014, 08:50
  5. Chinese Naval Aircraft Carriers: Updates & Discussions
    By Greater China in forum China Affairs
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 7th November 2012, 05:32

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us on twitter Follow us on twitter