Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Operation Zarb-e-Azb updates (Khyber I and II)

Thanks
    Pakistan France

10 more militants surrender in Khyber agency: ISPR

ISLAMABAD: The army says 10 more militants in Bara tehsil of restive Khyber tribal region have surrendered to security forces along with their weapons and ammunition.

In a short statement to media on Monday, the military’s public relations wing said 350 militants have so far surrendered to security forces since the start of Operation Khyber-1 last month.

The total number includes more than 20 key militant commanders, said the statement.

On Friday, 39 militants belonging to Lashkar-i-Islam (LI) surrendered to security forces – the largest group of militants to give up arms since the launching of the intelligence-based operation.

The military launched the offensive on October 16 with air strikes against LI hideouts in the areas of Tirah and Bara controlled by militant commander Mangal Bagh.

The outlawed Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (Tariq Afridi group) also controls several parts of Tirah valley, but the outfit joined hands with LI chief Mangal Bagh after he invited all outlawed militant groups to come to Bara and fight against security forces following the launch of the military operation.

Also read: Lashkar-i-Islam continues to broadcast ‘Khyber Mullah’ sermons despite operation

The latest news of surrenders follows reports that the Mangal Bagh continues to broadcast fiery speeches and propaganda sermons via their pirate FM radio station, despite the all-out military offensive in the region.

On Friday, militants publicly beheaded a tribesman in nearby Tirah valley after accusing him of spying for security forces.

According to military sources, at least 135 militants have been killed and at least 250 arrested since the start of the operation.

The Fata Disaster Management Authority says 53,819 families comprising 364,960 people have so far moved out of Bara and Tirah valley. There are 213,195 children and 77,319 women among them.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1145097/10-...er-agency-ispr
    The Following User Says Thank You to Fassi For This Useful Post: manuu

Thanks
    Pakistan Ireland

Re: 10 more militants surrender in Khyber agency: ISPR

Interesting. They normally report of killings not often are prisoners are taken.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Air raids in Tirah valley kill 6 suspected militants

PESHAWAR: At least six suspected militants,including an alleged key commander, were killed in military airstrikes in Malikdin Khel area of Khyber tribal region's Tirah valley on Tuesday.

Military jets targeted suspected militant hideouts in various areas of the region killing six people and wounding several others. The identity of the commander killed in the strikes was being ascertained.

The details could not be verified by military sources.

Khyber is one of Pakistan’s seven semi-autonomous regions governed by tribal laws and lies near the Afghan border.

The latest development came amidst operation 'Khyber-1' which was launched by the military last month on credible information about the presence of militants in parts of Sipah and Akkakhel areas, according to Shahab Ali Shah.

Mangal Bagh-led Lashkar-i-Islam has had a strong presence in the areas being targeted in the operation.

Anticipating a military operation in their areas in Tirah valley, hundreds of Akkakhel families had left their homes in Dars Jumaat, Shaddaly, Darota and Kulla areas of Akkakhel in Tirah valley.

Khyber-1 operation was launched amidst 'Zarb-i-Azb', a full-fledged military operation being conducted by the Pakistani military against Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) militants in North Waziristan tribal region.

At least 1,200 suspected militants have been killed by the Pakistan Army in an anti-Taliban offensive during the past five months,

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Re: Air raids in Tirah valley kill 6 suspected militants

Great work! No more tolerance for the TTP, Lashkar-e-Islam or any other militant group that threatens the state.

Thanks
    Europe Pakistan

Twenty-two militants killed in Khyber strikes‏

The ISPR said several militant hideouts were destroyed in the targeted airstrikes
    PESHAWAR: At least twenty-two militants have been killed as targeted aerial strikes struck militants hideouts in various parts of Tirah valley of Khyber Agency.

The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) on Friday confirmed that the jets strikes have destroyed many of the militant’s hideouts.

It says that operation Khyber-1 is going on successfully and that troops have moved into key areas.

The details, however, could not be verified as access for journalists is restricted in the area.

The Pakistan military launched a major offensive called Zarb-i-Azb in North Waziristan in June and say they have killed more than 1,200 militants so far, with over 100 soldiers losing their lives in the operation.

Later, it shifted focus to Khyber Agency after claiming to have cleared the NWA.

Apart from Zarb-i-Azb, Khyber-1 was launched in October to target Lashkar-i-Islam, a Taliban faction that has strongholds in Khyber Agency.

Khyber is among Pakistan’s seven semi-autonomous tribal districts near the Afghan border, rife with homegrown insurgents and foreign militants. These are also home to religious extremist organisations including Al Qaeda.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1145990/twe...khyber-strikes

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Three LI militants killed in clash with Khyber Agency peace legion

PESHAWAR: At least three Lashkar-i-Islam (LI) militants were killed and two others injured in a clash between militants belonging to the proscribed group and a local peace legion in the restive Tirah valley located in Khyber Agency.

Official sources said that Tauheedul Islam (TI) peace volunteers clashed with LI militants in the Naraye Baba area of Tirah valley. The clash left at least three militants killed and two others injured.

Sources added that the death toll from the skirmish is likely to rise.

Khyber is one of Pakistan’s seven semi-autonomous regions governed by tribal laws and lies near the Afghan border.

The incident comes at a time when operation 'Khyber-1' – launched by the military last month – is ongoing.

The Mangal Bagh-led Lashkar-i-Islam has had a strong presence in the areas being targeted in the operation.

Anticipating a military operation in their areas in Tirah valley, hundreds of Akkakhel familieshad left their homes in Dars Jumaat, Shaddaly, Darota and Kulla areas of Akkakhel in Tirah valley.

Khyber-1 operation was launched amid 'Zarb-i-Azb', a full-fledged military operation being conducted by the Pakistani military against the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) militants in North Waziristan.

At least 1,200 suspected militants have been killed by the Pakistan Army in an anti-Taliban offensive during the past five months,

http://www.dawn.com/news/1146362/thr...y-peace-legion

Thanks
    Europe Pakistan

TTP Jamaatul Ahrar group confirms commander's death in Khyber strikes

ISLAMABAD: Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) splinter group Jamaatul Ahrar has confirmed the death of one of its key commanders in latest air strikes in Khyber Agency.

Group’s spokesperson Ehsanullah Ehsan said their commander Abu Jandal was killed in the bombing on Sunday.

“Abu Jandal belonged to Mohmand tribal agency and had been operating from Khyber agency,” said Ehsan.

Jamaatul Ahrar claimed responsibility for the deadly suicide attack which killed nearly 60 people at Wagha border on November 2. The group was launched in August after some senior commanders parted ways with the TTP over serious differences.

“Yesterday on 9/11/14, enemy indiscriminately bombed the area and as a result Commander Abu Jandal of TTP Jamaatul Ahrar embraced shahadah,” Ehsan said in a statement.

A military statement had also mentioned the killing of a senior commander along 12 other terror suspects in Khyber Agency’s air strikes on Sunday. The ISPR statement did not name the slain commander.

“In precise aerial strikes in Aka Khel Tirah, Khyber Agency 10 militant hideouts and an ammunition depot was destroyed. Thirteen terrorists were killed including an important terrorist commander known for training suicide bombers. Two suicide bombers were also included among those killed,” the statement said.

The security forces last month opened a new front against the Lashkar-e-Islam group, blamed for attacks on forces and tribal elders in Khyber Agency.

Khyber Agency is a key supply route for the US-led Nato troops in Afghanistan and the government wants to make it secure for the withdrawal of heavy machinery of foreign troops.

The TTP has announced support for the Lashkar-e-Islam and group’s chief Maulvi Fazalullah said he has asked his fighters to join the fighting. The Jamaatul Ahrar also said it has sent 50 fighters to help the Lashkar-e-Islam.

“The mujahideen of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan Jamaatul Ahrar understand the importance of this area and operation and we have decided to aid the mujahideen of Khyber. One 50-strong contingent of our Jamaat is already busy fighting in Khyber Agency where intense fighting in going on at the moment,” Ehsanullah said.

Security sources describe the statement as a propaganda stunt and said the militants are on the run.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/788514/t...hyber-strikes/
    The Following User Says Thank You to greencold For This Useful Post: manuu

Thanks
    Pakistan Ireland

Re: TTP Jamaatul Ahrar group confirms commander's death in Khyber strikes

good riddance. To hell with TTP and their members.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Eleven militants killed in fresh Khyber airstrike

PESHAWAR: At least 11 militants were killed and 12 others injured as jet fighters struck militant hideouts in Tirah Valley of Khyber Agency on Tuesday, Pakistan’s military claimed.

A statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said that jet fighters targetted and destroyed three militant bases in Kukikhel, Malikdin Khel, and Akakhel areas of Tirah Valley in the fresh airstrike.

The information, however, could not be verified independently as journalists’ access is restricted in the troubled area.

Also read: Blast targeting security forces injures two in Bannu

Pakistan Army launched the operation ‘Khyber-1’ in October with airstrikes against Lashkar-i-Islam (LI) hideouts in areas under the Mangal Bagh-led group’s control in Tirah and Bara.

The latest operation was launched amidst Zarb-i-Azb, a full-fledged military operation being conducted by the Army against Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and other militants in the North Waziristan tribal region.

Thousands of families have flocked to refugee camps in Bannu ever since the launch of operation in June.

Khyber and North Waziristan are among Pakistan’s seven semi-autonomous tribal districts near the Afghan border, rife with homegrown insurgents and foreign militants. These are also home to religious extremist organisations including Al Qaeda.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1149797/ele...yber-airstrike

Thanks
    Pakistan France

Re: Eleven militants killed in fresh Khyber airstrike

Rest in hell. Must be almost cleared out

Forum Administrator bilalhaider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Re: Operation ‘Khyber-1′ Launched

Fresh air strikes kill 57 terrorists in Tirah: ISPR

PESHAWAR: In the aftermath of deadly Taliban attack on an army-run school in Peshawar, Pakistan’s military launched 20 air strikes including “dynamic targeting” killing 57 terrorists in Khyber Agency’s Tirah Valley, Army spokesman said on Wednesday.

Director General Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), Maj-Gen Asim Bajwa said in a tweet that the fresh operation was launched after yesterday’s tragic incident, in which at least 145 people mostly school children died.

He said Army Chief General Raheel Sharif, who is back from a swift visit to Kabul, is reviewing the military operation in the militancy-hit tribal area of Pakistan.

Maj-Gen Bajwa added that the operation was ongoing.

During his visit to Kabul earlier today, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Gen Sharif sought handover of Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) chief Mullah Fazalullah, who is wanted for terrorism cases in Pakistan.

The army chief shared classified intelligence details with the Afghan officials and revealed to them that the mastermind behind the Peshawar attack, who was from Afghanistan, was giving directions to the terrorists.
    http://www.dawn.com/news/1151436/fre...-in-tirah-ispr
    The Following User Says Thank You to bilalhaider For This Useful Post: T-123456

Forum Administrator bilalhaider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

PESHAWAR: In the aftermath of deadly Taliban attack on an army-run school in Peshawar, Pakistan’s military launched 20 air strikes including “dynamic targeting” killing 57 terrorists in Khyber Agency’s Tirah Valley, Army spokesman said on Wednesday.

Director General Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), Maj-Gen Asim Bajwa said in a tweet that the fresh operation was launched after yesterday’s tragic incident, in which at least 145 people mostly school children died.

He said Army Chief General Raheel Sharif, who is back from a swift visit to Kabul, is reviewing the military operation in the militancy-hit tribal area of Pakistan.

During his visit to Kabul earlier today, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Gen Sharif sought handover of Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) chief Mullah Fazalullah, who is wanted for terrorism cases in Pakistan.

The army chief shared classified intelligence details with the Afghan officials and revealed to them that the mastermind behind the Peshawar attack, who was from Afghanistan, was giving directions to the terrorists.
    The Following User Says Thank You to bilalhaider For This Useful Post: Wajid47

Thanks
    Pakistan Ireland

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Re: Fresh air strikes kill 57 terrorists in Tirah: ISPR

Pound them into submission. Chase them all the way into Afghanistan till they breathe no more.

Thanks
    UK UK

While there is consensus there should be total war here. Give them nothing. Not a muslim burial No opportunity for peace talks. No chance for surrender. If there are areas known to support them they should be given one chance to declare their allegiance or be destroyed.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keysersoze For This Useful Post: greencold,Jameel

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by bilalhaider View Post

Whats the point? 20 air strikes only killed 57?
    Thats 3 per air strike..
    Costing 6-7k USD per hour of flight.
    On the other hand terrorists just send a few disposable Tribal animals and they kill dozens at literally a rupee per head.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Thats 3 per air strike..
    On the other hand terrorists just send a few disposable Tribal animals and they kill dozens at literally a rupee per head.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by safriz View Post
    Thats 3 per air strike..
    I can understand your scepticism, but I (and you should as well) trust the response the military will give to these terrorists.

We have also been falsely accused by some Pakistanis of alleged "collateral damage" in Zarb-Azb and Khyber operations.

It is easy to be emotional over these events, I am a Pakistani, and I am a military man as well; so I understand both points of views. But it is important that we target militants mercilessly, each and everyone of them; and NOT have any collateral damage in these strikes.

Thanks
    Pakistan United Arab Emirates

Quote Originally Posted by safriz View Post
    Thats 3 per air strike..
    So why not do a ground clearance on foot?

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze View Post
    While there is consensus there should be total war here. Give them nothing. Not a muslim burial No opportunity for peace talks. No chance for surrender. If there are areas known to support them they should be given one chance to declare their allegiance or be destroyed.
    Many of us are saying that the gloves should come off. But you know our leaders are cowardly. Kayani wasted several years. Then Nawaz and the rest wanted talks with our so called apna people. It was TTP attack of Karachi airport that forced the military to act and it is once again the TTP that are forcing an all out war. Our leaders need to get ahead of the curve

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast