Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: At UN, Pakistan Praises Saudi Arabia for Protecting Womens Rights

Thanks
    Mozambique Argentina

Re: At UN, Pakistan Praises Saudi Arabia for Protecting Womens Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    It's more complex. Facts don't exist in the Muslim world -- not in the way they do in Europe. It's a deep-seated cultural thing. That's why, for example, science can't flourish in the Muslim world -- the cultural soil isn't there for science to take root. Equivocation, ambiguity, exaggeration are the rule -- not only in communication but in an individual's thought. With these traits people literally cannot think, cannot understand the factual basis or logical structure of an argument or case, cannot present a counterargument based on facts and logic.
    Obviously you are wrong.

Some of the best advances in the world happened in the Caliphates, Ottoman empire, Mughal empire, Timurid empire.

You dont know what you are talking about.

Only stupid Kafirs blame the religion of Islam.

The reason Muslims are behind is colonialism, perpetual wars, and territorial disputes.

Even the famous Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping said, we need development first before solving any territorial dispute.

Thanks
    Mozambique Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by Aryan_B View Post
    Do forgive me I didn't make myself clear. No issue people being religious on a personal level. what I am suggesting is that when the state starts getting involved in religion it seems to impede progress. If you look at the times when Muslims country were at the forefront of science it was when religion was more or less relegated to civil servants to administrate
    You know obviously he is wrong. Some of the best advances in the world happened in Muslim theocraces like the Abbasid Caliphate or the Fatimid dynasty like the fountain pen.

Obviously wolf is wrong.

Thanks
    Turkey Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Durrani View Post
    Some of the best advances in the world happened in the Caliphates, Ottoman empire, Mughal empire, Timurid empire.

You dont know what you are talking about.

Only stupid Kafirs blame the religion of Islam.
    Well, first of all, I'm not blaming Islam. I'm saying it's a race-genetic thing --Muslims are too stupid. If they converted to Christianity or Buddhism, it wouldn't affect their low IQs. Secondly, this idea of a golden age of Islam is a joke. Only Muslims fall for this satisfying myth. The Arabs hordes conquered older civilisations -- that's where the culture, science, and medicine came from. This culture, science and medicine was tolerated in the Islamic empires, not brought into being by them. Big difference.

Thanks
    Turkey Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Aryan_B View Post
    Do forgive me I didn't make myself clear. No issue people being religious on a personal level. what I am suggesting is that when the state starts getting involved in religion it seems to impede progress. If you look at the times when Muslims country were at the forefront of science it was when religion was more or less relegated to civil servants to administrate
    They never were. It's a myth -- a satisfying one to Muslims.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Argus Panoptes View Post
    Is this the Comedy Section?
    backside licking that would make even the Saudis sick
    how deep our leadership has itself behind the KSA's royal arse is everyone to see.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irfan Baloch For This Useful Post: Express,sparkling

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

It's more complex. Facts don't exist in the Muslim world -- not in the way they do in Europe. It's a deep-seated cultural thing. That's why, for example, science can't flourish in the Muslim world -- the cultural soil isn't there for science to take root. Equivocation, ambiguity, exaggeration are the rule -- not only in communication but in an individual's thought. With these traits people literally cannot think, cannot understand the factual basis or logical structure of an argument or case, cannot present a counterargument based on facts and logic.
    when religiofacists intervene on every thing (specially science) then there is no hope for progress, its true for our Christian cousins
    but for a short time known as dark age in Europe, some Muslim scientists were able to make some discoveries and breaktroughs in physics, chemistry and medicine. in Muslim Spain e.g. they were performing eye surgeries... Aljabra, Al Chemya etc and the names like Jabir Bin Hayan and Yahya bin Mansoor to name few scientists and scholars under Muslim empires.
    do lookup umayat and abasaid architechture and the contribution to science and arts which has admiration from the west too.

unfortunately for Muslims, the stranglehold of fatwa factories got stronger with time as the science, arts and societal progress got itself free from the Church. it might have something to do with the Al Saud (traditionally robbers of pilgrims) seizing the power from hashmites and the discovery of oil that gave them the power to give us the kind of Islam we got now.

so now your comments hold true that the mullah practically controls our thinking and there is no room for innovation. apart from hatred from fellow beings there is nothing else left to do.
    The Following User Says Thank You to Irfan Baloch For This Useful Post: Muse

Thanks
    Turkey Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Irfan Baloch View Post
    when religiofacists intervene on every thing (specially science) then there is no hope for progress, its true for our Christian cousins
    but for a short time known as dark age in Europe, some Muslim scientists were able to make some discoveries and breaktroughs in physics, chemistry and medicine. in Muslim Spain e.g. they were performing eye surgeries... Aljabra, Al Chemya etc and the names like Jabir Bin Hayan and Yahya bin Mansoor to name few scientists and scholars under Muslim empires.
    do lookup umayat and abasaid architechture and the contribution to science and arts which has admiration from the west too.

unfortunately for Muslims, the stranglehold of fatwa factories got stronger with time as the science, arts and societal progress got itself free from the Church. it might have something to do with the Al Saud (traditionally robbers of pilgrims) seizing the power from hashmites and the discovery of oil that gave them the power to give us the kind of Islam we got now.

so now your comments hold true that the mullah practically controls our thinking and there is no room for innovation. apart from hatred from fellow beings there is nothing else left to do.
    I have no truck with Islam (I'm an atheist myself) but I really think Islam is not the culprit here -- this is a comforting myth. The reality is even more damning: even if Muslim shook off the Islamofascists, nothing would change culturally or scientifically. The IQ isn't there.

In vague terms people keep talking about what "progress" was made in "Al-gebr" and "Al-chemy" but when you look in detail, there's almost nothing there. Some of the Greek and Latin work got translated, there was a figure here and there (Khayyam, Al-Kindi, Al-Khwarizmi, etc.) who did some middling work -- but literally nothing compared to a Newton, Gauss, Riemann, Maxwell, Planck, Rutherford, Bohr, or a hundred other Europeans. Take a look at Charles Murray's interesting but flawed Human Accomplishment for more on this topic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Accomplishment

http://denisdutton.com/murray_review.htm

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

I have no truck with Islam (I'm an atheist myself) but I really think Islam is not the culprit here -- this is a comforting myth. The reality is even more damning: even if Muslim shook off the Islamofascists, nothing would change culturally or scientifically. The IQ isn't there.

I am not a defensive Muslim myself.
    re IQ...
    problem in the East is the laziness and the missing bit here is the "work ethic".
    applies to my Indian, Chinese, African and all Arab "brothers".

the white man has it across the board, without natural resources and almost same educational, social, technological levels at one point, thye just took off and never looked back.

no need to be politically correct here but I can bet if there are two identical islands with equal opportunities to resources and environment and a group of 100 people are given same amounts of resources and left there for say few generations.. .. one island being the white people and one the coloured ones...

its a given that the white people will triumph..
    Last edited by Irfan Baloch; 28th October 2013 at 11:34.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

how deep our leadership has itself behind the KSA's royal arse is everyone to see.
    Its the power of the petro dollar
    The Following User Says Thank You to sparkling For This Useful Post: Irfan Baloch

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by sparkling View Post
    and false association of the Saudis with our most holiest sites in Hijaz.

Thanks
    Pakistan Canada

To be fair, I must commend our impartiality. We lick the backsides of anyone with money equally: USA, UK/EU, China, KSA, and a few more. After all, Islam tells us to be impartial and fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkling View Post
    Not just petrodollars, any dollars will do, from anywhere.
    The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Argus Panoptes For This Useful Post: 1Badmaash,Fassi,Irfan Baloch

Thanks
    Mozambique Argentina

They never were. It's a myth -- a satisfying one to Muslims.
    lol wolf? Where was the astrolobe created? The Seamless Globe? Fountain pen created?

The Ottomans, Mughals, and Timurids too did a lot.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

I disagree on the IQ part. IQ is developed during one's early years, and I know quite a few Pakistanis who are part of Mensa. Other than that, science is majorly based on hard slog, dedicating long amounts of times to research with passionate dedication. As I've observed in the few projects I've done in our Uni so far, there are not many who are ready to shoulder any degree of responsibility at all, or work for long periods. This is the key to why we have very few advancements being made now, because we have a culture of laziness in place.

Thanks
    Pakistan France

lol wolf? Where was the astrolobe created? The Seamless Globe? Fountain pen created?

The Ottomans, Mughals, and Timurids too did a lot.
    Thought we were discussing womens rights here....?

Thanks
    Turkey Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by truthseer View Post
    I disagree on the IQ part. IQ is developed during one's early years, and I know quite a few Pakistanis who are part of Mensa. Other than that, science is majorly based on hard slog, dedicating long amounts of times to research with passionate dedication. As I've observed in the few projects I've done in our Uni so far, there are not many who are ready to shoulder any degree of responsibility at all, or work for long periods. This is the key to why we have very few advancements being made now, because we have a culture of laziness in place.
    It's the old nurture versus nature debate. The thread is on women's rights and I think I've already digressed too much.
    The Following User Says Thank You to 1Badmaash For This Useful Post: Irfan Baloch

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

it might have something to do with the Al Saud (traditionally robbers of pilgrims) seizing the power from hashmites
    correction
    it were the Sherifs that were ruling and were eradicated by Sauds with the help of British empire

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

I guess we can agree to disagree. Saudis don't treat their women like prostitutes.

In Republic of India and USA women are treated like commodities which can be bought and sold in the local bazaar.

Our diplomats defend Saudi Arabia, because we are close allies with Saudi Arabia and Saudi Arabia defends us too.
    Naaa women are treated worse

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Anyone who steals from me, I don't mind getting their hands chopped off, any one who tries to kill me, I wont mind seeing that person dead. So I don't like it when people talk about "human rights" in context of defending criminals.

Thanks
    India India

Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    Anyone who steals from me, I don't mind getting their hands chopped off, any one who tries to kill me, I wont mind seeing that person dead. So I don't like it when people talk about "human rights" in context of defending criminals.
    really ? someone steals and his hands are cut off..?punishment should be proportionate to the crime committed..theft is not a grave crime to separate a man from his hands for his entire life time..it's a bigger crime than theft itself.
    The Following User Says Thank You to Agnostic_Indian For This Useful Post: Hope

*Be able to defend your arguments in a rational way. Otherwise, all you have is an opinion.
    Marilyn vos Savant

Thanks
    Pakistan United Arab Emirates

Quote Originally Posted by Agnostic_Indian View Post
    really ? someone steals and his hands are cut off..?punishment should be proportionate to the crime committed..theft is not a grave crime to separate a man from his hands for his entire life time..it's a bigger crime than theft itself.
    Have to agree with Agno here. Living in the year 2014 we must be careful and not go overboard with the punishment.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hope For This Useful Post: Agnostic_Indian,Jameel

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast