Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Contours of communalism in India

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Re: BJP leader charged with inflaming communal tensions

Quote Originally Posted by Wajid47 View Post
    Modi must have a rye smile. Heaven forbid. He would never get involved in anything like this......
    Modi continues to shine. Just like Pakistani politicians.

Thanks
    India India

Quote Originally Posted by Amina-Shaikh View Post
    I think [MENTION=8056]SHAMAS[/MENTION] said it perfectly. Just follow the election campaign, or the hate speeches made by Modi in 2002 before Muslims were killed, or listen to the hate speeches in Ayodhya. Hate speeches thrive in India, and they allow it, especially if it is against Muslims.
    no hate speeches ever made by modi,I dare you to quote anyone...

Thanks
    India India

Quote Originally Posted by SHAMAS View Post
    [MENTION=126]PoKeMon[/MENTION]

There you go again - playing one-upmanship with regards to Pakistan! Do you have learning difficulties, or what?

Let it alone, before I get seriously angry!
    Please get angry and disown all what is happening and what happened with pakistan judiciary. I am seriously scared now.

Thanks
    India India

[MENTION=126]PoKeMon[/MENTION]

You're just an nationalistic imbecile.

Thanks
    Pakistan England

[MENTION=3250]sparkling[/MENTION], [MENTION=6296]Amina-Shaikh[/MENTION], [MENTION=3527]Agnostic_Indian[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8506]gokuuuuu[/MENTION]

The NDTV news announced that Amit Shah was cleared of all charges relating to inflaming religious tensions.

That said, the election campaigning was marked by religious bigotry, and inflammatory statements by particularly BJP politicians. Given the Indian judicial system, whether or not anyone is found guilty of any such actions is of course doubtful. The Hindu right can deny all they like, but their statements are a matter of public record.
    Most of us agree with you sir.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Some references to Modi's hate speeches:

http://www.milligazette.com/Archives...0110200268.htm

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/modi-hate.../53682-37.html

Listen to some of the speeches live:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amina-Shaikh For This Useful Post: Neo,sparkling

Thanks
    India India

[MENTION=6296]Amina-Shaikh[/MENTION],none of the above videos show hate speech made by modi. Plz. don't try to post irrelevant post to misdirect the members of this forum.This is totally irrelevant post,there were modi speeches but they were not 'hate-speeches'.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by gokuuuuu View Post
    [MENTION=6296]Amina-Shaikh[/MENTION],none of the above videos show hate speech made by modi. Plz. don't try to post irrelevant post to misdirect the members of this forum.This is totally irrelevant post,there were modi speeches but they were not 'hate-speeches'.
    I don't think you actually went through the links, and the speech in the video was about revenge for Godhra train bombings. If that isn't hate speech, don't know what is

Thanks
    India India

Quote Originally Posted by Amina-Shaikh View Post
    I don't think you actually went through the links, and the speech in the video was about revenge for Godhra train bombings. If that isn't hate speech, don't know what is
    yes,there was a speech in a third video, which you can say as a 'hate speech' to some extent, but it wasn't made by modi,it was a leader from bajrang-dal

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

yes,there was a speech in a third video, which you can say as a 'hate speech' to some extent, but it wasn't made by modi,it was a leader from bajrang-dal
    You ask for a hate speech then you get it. Stop polluting the forum with ignorance.
    The Following User Says Thank You to sparkling For This Useful Post: Nabeel

Thanks
    Pakistan United Arab Emirates

[MENTION=8506]gokuuuuu[/MENTION]

Stop polluting Pakistan Affairs with poor quality, taunting crap. Don't bring it down to the level you excel in. You are humiliating good Indian members with your trolling. One more pathetic post will be the final nail in your permanent retirement from the forum.
    The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jagga For This Useful Post: cb4,manuu,Nabeel,sparkling,Superkaif

Thanks
    India India

Quote Originally Posted by sparkling View Post
    indeed you are a nationalist imbecile. @aryan-b change his username now
    The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoKeMon For This Useful Post: Nabeel,Neo,sparkling

Thanks
    India India

Quote Originally Posted by sparkling View Post
    You ask for a hate speech then you get it. Stop polluting the forum with ignorance.
    please don't misunderstand me,I'm not denying the fact that hate-speeches are made in India,I just said that no hate-speech was ever made by 'modi'

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by PoKeMon View Post

Thanks
    Pakistan Netherlands

please don't misunderstand me,I'm not denying the fact that hate-speeches are made in India,I just said that no hate-speech was ever made by 'modi'
    Improve the quality of your posts and you will be fine. Here we can take critic and even sarcasm but there's no place for blatant lies. I think we have seen proof of hate speexhes by Modi and his BJP ministers. He was a member of RSS for a long time, a core hindutva follower and promoter, he can't transform himself into a moderate person overnight.

Believe me, and I speak as an ex-mod and ex-admin of two Pakistani fora, deleting posts, infractions or a ban is no fun for mods, it actually hurts to use the power in this manner to silence someone who's trying to contribute to the forum.

You are granted full freedom of free speech but remember, this is and will always be a Pakistan centric forum where Pakistan comes first. So use your freedom of free speech wisely and refute anti-India claims with factually backed info, not with emotions.
    The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post: Nabeel

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Thanks
    India India

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I think we have seen proof of hate speexhes by Modi and his BJP ministers. He was a member of RSS for a long time, a core hindutva follower and promoter, he can't transform himself into a moderate person overnight.
    yes,there are hate speeches my modi's ministers like kondwani and others but it was never made by modi.If you know any, please enlighten me,I am eager to know....and please enlighten yourself about modi by watching those videos which I have posted on the other thread(changes under modi...).Maybe this would change your opinion about modi to some extent.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Communal riots erupt in Gujarat; 40 arrested

NEW DELHI: Authorities in India’s Gujarat state arrested at least 40 people after late-night clashes between Hindus and Muslims in the city of Vadodara and suspended mobile phone Internet and bulk text messaging services for four days, officials said on Sunday.

Crowds from the two religious communities pelted each other with stones and set several vehicles alight until police dispersed them using tear gas on Saturday evening after days of tensions in the city, police said.

Gujarat is the home state of Hindu nationalist Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is currently in the United States and is scheduled to meet President Barack Obama.

The state has a majority Hindu population and a history of religious conflict. At least 1,000 people, mostly Muslims, died in Gujarat in 2002 in violence between Hindus and Muslims. Modi was chief minister of the state at the time.

The Hindustan Times newspaper reported this week that the trouble in Vadodara started with a posting on Facebook that some Muslims deemed offensive.

Police in the city said mobile phone text messages and other social media had been used to spread messages about rioting and to inflame religious tensions.

The four-day suspension of the mobile Internet, bulk text messaging and MMS services began on Saturday, a crime branch official in Vadodara told Reuters on condition of anonymity.

Residents in the city confirmed to Reuters that services were disrupted.

Emboldened by Modi’s emphatic election victory in May, Hindu hardliners have been agitating in parts of India against religious minorities.

A prominent right-wing Hindu group on Thursday warned Muslims and Christians against taking part in the Hindu Navratri festival as before.

“We have made 40 arrests since last night and will make more to quell the rioting,” S K Nanda, Gujarat’s home secretary, said. The police did not provide the number of injured in the clashes.

On Sunday, the streets of Vadodara were calm but the authorities remained on alert.

“Not many people are out due to fear of recurrence of violence,” said a senior state government official, who did not wish to be identified. “We are keeping a close eye on the situation.” For long Modi was denied a visa by the United States over allegations of religious intolerance stemming from Gujarat riots in 2002. Critics have accused Modi of allowing the riots to happen, but courts have found no evidence to indict him.

Published in Dawn, September 29th, 2014
    The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wajid47 For This Useful Post: Greenstar,KingKong,Nabeel,Pak92,Sinbad

Thanks
    Pakistan UK

Re: Communal riots erupt in Gujarat; 40 arrested

This is the true face of Modi and "shining Gujarat"!
    The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alihamza For This Useful Post: KingKong,Nabeel,Pak92,Sinbad

Thanks
    Pakistan England

Quote Originally Posted by alihamza View Post
    This is the true face of Modi and "shining Gujarat"!
    Rather than attempting to be some sort of international rock star, this idiot should concentrate on the crap he has at back home. Does he think by pretending India is a super power it will eradicate his legacy, the communal violence, poverty, open defecation and the rest? Makes me scratch my head when the likes of Modi and his merry band of men forget what they have brewing at home. A volcano of venom.
    The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sinbad For This Useful Post: KingKong,Nabeel,Pak92

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    Rather than attempting to be some sort of international rock star, this idiot should concentrate on the crap he has at back home. Does he think by pretending India is a super power it will eradicate his legacy, the communal violence, poverty, open defecation and the rest? Makes me scratch my head when the likes of Modi and his merry band of men forget what they have brewing at home. A volcano of venom.
    I envisage when Modi starts failing on his economic promises, the communal violence will increase and be an attention seeking issue deflecting the reality of what the issues are in India. Modi not so powerful anymore.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pak92 For This Useful Post: KingKong,Nabeel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast