View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in 2013 election?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pakistan People's Party (PPP)

2 1.39%
  • Pakistan Tehreek- I -Insaf (PTI)

122 84.72%
  • Pakistan Muslim League (N)

14 9.72%
  • Will not vote

1 0.69%
  • All Pakistan Muslim League (Musharraf)

2 1.39%
  • Mutahida Qaumi Movement (MQM)

1 0.69%
  • Awami National Party (ANP)

0 0%
  • Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (JUI)

1 0.69%
  • Mutahida Majlis-E-Amal (MMA)

0 0%
  • Balochistan National Party (BNP)

1 0.69%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Who would you vote for in 2013 election?

Thanks
    India India
    I want to see how Imran does if his party gets elected, and he gets to be the PM.

On socio-economic issues, he is on the center to left. That might not be the best news for the affluent and the upper middle class, though the number is quite limited, but then that is always excellent news for the poor to middle class segment.

On religious issues he is on the right.

On foreign policy he wants a fair play, but bigger powers that be, rarely ever allow that kind of a space to much smaller states. If he is not given the space desired, will it mean he will try and down grade the relations with the US and the west? If so, that is good news for us in India, we have invariably found, when the US either interferes too much or is marginalized (as recently witnessed), relations between our two countries improve. If he won’t downgrade, will he compromise, something that has been done in Pakistan for as long as one can recall, and something I would rate as a more realistic approach.

He has been adamant that the PA won’t be allowed a free run nor be allowed much of a space in the matters related to governance, if so, that would be a first by any civilian government since the time the first coup and the little that ZAB tried.

All in all, he does come across the change that the people on Pakistan’s street desire, but then the expectations have been way too much hyped, which IMHO shouldn’t be done beyond a certain point, which he seems to have crossed by quite a margin. Last thing people in Pakistan would want is another Pakistani not standing up to the dream they were shown. And miracles like these aren’t like one night stands, it takes long time in coming.

Let us assume, his party gets to govern Pakistan, and like others, he too falters, will democracy be again be made the fall guy?
    The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thakur_ritesh For This Useful Post: AgNoStIc MuSliM,Aryan_B,Red Crow

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Lol, there are many supporters of PTI

Thanks
    Pakistan United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirza44 View Post
    Why PPP twice mentioned? There is nothing to cast a vote to any of them.
    I changed the second PPP option to 'Will Not vote', since we need to count how many irresponsible citizens we have as well.
    The Following User Says Thank You to AgNoStIc MuSliM For This Useful Post: Red Crow

Thanks
    Pakistan United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Lol, there are many supporters of PTI
    I would think voting for PTI was a no-brainer for anyone not caught up in the cult of the Bhutto's, MQM and Sharif's.

Given that the other players have been tried so many times, and have failed spectacularly so many times, how can Pakistanis not choose the 'third option'?

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Quote Originally Posted by AgNoStIc MuSliM View Post
    I would think voting for PTI was a no-brainer for anyone not caught up in the cult of the Bhutto's, MQM and Sharif's.

Given that the other players have been tried so many times, and have failed spectacularly so many times, how can Pakistanis not choose the 'third option'?
    Other players are tried but no party has completed his tenure. Maximum 2-3 year time, you can't expect maximum.
    but
    , we should eliminate wadira and jagidaar system from the country.

Thanks
    Pakistan United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Other players are tried but no party has completed his tenure. Maximum 2-3 year time, you can't expect maximum.
    but
    , we should eliminate wadira and jagidaar system from the country.
    No party except for the PPP.

You have a valid point, and perhaps many Pakistanis will share your views and vote for the PML-N. I suppose they too should be allowed to complete 5 years at the helm if elected.

Thanks
    Pakistan England
    I think PML (N) will win or at the very least have largest number of seats in NA. I think IK will be lucky to get more than 20 seats
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aryan_B For This Useful Post: Felix,Irfan Baloch

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan
    I won't vote. Two reasons, first the MQM will cast the votes for me, most probably.

Secondly, I don't like any of the parties listed

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Quote Originally Posted by truthseer View Post
    I won't vote. Two reasons, first the MQM will cast the votes for me, most probably.

Secondly, I don't like any of the parties listed

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryan_B View Post
    I think PML (N) will win or at the very least have largest number of seats in NA. I think IK will be lucky to get more than 20 seats
    thats pretty much my understanding as well. unfortunately
    we are very conservative and lazy people

and since the things wont change or improve we will have Jews, Hindus and army to blame.
    job done

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryan_B View Post
    Sad but true. Wish there was a better outcome.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan
    PTI popularity is going down very fast. Thousands of PTI supporters are resigning from PTI , Flood of criticism going everywhere On PTI, on internet, even on Television. May be not sure if he regains his popularity just before the election.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan
    our people dont have that mental level to understand politics and right or wrong, so they will still vote wrong(zardari/nawaz). Atleast im disoppointed by people today. They deserve theives, crooks thugs.
    The Following User Says Thank You to SamranALI For This Useful Post: Aryan_B

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Re: Poll: Who would you vote for in 2013 election?

Now, PTI popularity is increasing again. There was time when i saw people were leaving and there was flood of critics, but now i see 1 Lakh likes of Imran khan in fb in few weeks.
    After introducing normal people in PTI elections, he got huge fan base. Now its increasing.
    Let see what happens in future and coming weeks.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by truthseer View Post
    Would you care to explain this

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Last edited by Red Crow; 9th February 2013 at 10:12.

Thanks
    India India

I think Imran made 2 fundamental mistakes (with ref to the decline in the PTI's popularity):

1). He tagged along people who were not seen as honest, and the very people against whom he had positioned himself against. The impression that gets created is, what difference does it make if the same faces are showing up against whom the fight was supposed to be. The voter ends up getting confused, and a talking point for the voter.

2). The other being, the lacuna he left in the recent months when the PTI was busy sorting out the whole internal elections, and the PML-N was quick to fill the void. The impression has certainly gathered that the PML-N has delivered in Punjab in the last 5 years when no one else was able to, have they or have they not is another question, but vote bank politics by and large an is a game about creating impressions and perceptions.

One thing the PTI should have never done is to have allowed people who presented the face of everything wrong in Pakistan, the long term ramifications of such a move would have all always been bad, assuming even if the PTI does a tsunami or a clean sweep, such people will always compromise on ethos and let down the party and then the voter who voted then would definitely question how is the PTI any different to the rest, perceptions change very fast in politics, people are that fickle minded, they gain trust quickly, they lose trust a lot more quickly.

That said, I must mention the internal elections that happened are a fantastic thing to do, and this is something the PTI should hype as much as possible, show the flow of democracy from inside out, and clean politics and candidates that emerged to the voter. It might not be an absolute lost case for the PTI as yet!
    The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thakur_ritesh For This Useful Post: Felix,Hope,Wajid47

Last edited by thakur_ritesh; 17th February 2013 at 07:42.

Thanks
    Pakistan United Arab Emirates

[MENTION=84]thakur_ritesh[/MENTION]

I agree sir in the fact Imran Khan has madw mistakes and i suppose is still in the process of learning so much in the politcal Pakistani field. However judging him by looking at who he is up against him, makes him look like a genius.
    I sincerely hope he gets a chance BUT the task is enormous. Things to change will require time. As they saying goes "Rome wasnt built in a day"!

He has the support of alot. He is a man i believe of intergrity. He still has valuable time to install momentum into the campaign.

Thanks
    India India

[MENTION=345]Hope[/MENTION],

Yes, true.

I was reading through some of the proposals that [MENTION=1414]farhan_9909[/MENTION] linked me to on our forum (not sure he is a member here or not), and yes, some of the proposals the PTI has are very well intended, though I do have a question on how would those be achieved, things like 3 fold increase in the medical budget, 2.5times increase in the education budget, and nearly double the rate of investment because these increase are just relative to the GDP, and the actual increase in terms of rupees would be huge, so where is all this wealth creation expected to happen.

Also, I will like to understand, IK has said there shall be a cut on the defence budget, is it feasible looking at the threat perception, and if the threat perception isn't that high, will the PA allow such a cut.

If indeed these proposals can be fulfilled, Pakistan would truly be on a different trajectory than it is now.

PS: Please just address me as ritesh or by the user id, and no sir, thanks.

Thanks
    Pakistan United Arab Emirates

I think there is a case of massive corruption at the moment. Certain politicians using the nations coffers as their personal bank account. I also believe his intention to acquire better relations with India thus reduing defence expediture.
    Ritesh there is believe it or not a massive financial presence outside Pakistan wanting to invest at the first sign of change.
    Yaar at the moment people are starved of the basic necessities. Why would people want to invest until things like this are resolved?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast