Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rape laws in Pakistan

Thanks
    Pakistan Europe

Re: Rape laws in Pakistan

Oh wait..for rape it is her word + proof...todays world it is forensics evidence....back then it used to be torn clothes, bruises and cuts and simple stuff like that....
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bored For This Useful Post: Felix,KingKong

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

As a Pakistani I detest this law and am embarrassed by it

Thanks
    Pakistan Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    As a Pakistani I detest this law and am embarrassed by it
    As a Muslim ....I claim this law to not be associated with Islam as i is because of such weird laws people think ISLAM is backwards...I throw the blame of the backwards people who hide behind Islam so that the unpar jahil community dont raise their voices!

Thanks
    Pakistan England

Quote Originally Posted by sparkling View Post
    Without being too technical we must look at the interpretation of the law. That's the key. Islamists implement the law in a way that women are treated very poorly from the start. The 4 witness or confession from the rapist are the only way to convict. Whats the chances of this happening? It stinks from the start.
    Its a sick law and needs changing

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Re: defencedotpk sold out to "Foreigners" :D

Quote Originally Posted by Durrani View Post
    There are many important Islamic laws to implement.

One of the famous and unchanging is the cutting of the hand of a genuine thief. If Pakistan actually implemented that law in Pakistan, there would be barely any theft.

Stoning to death for adultery and flogging for fornication.
    That's just it, you're cutting off people's hands, there is no chance of rehabilitation. Stoning to death for adultery? What is this? Then flogging? All in all no civilized behavior at all.

These things are ancient. We should move towards kindness and understanding not towards such aggression and violence.

John mcclane you are funny guy.

And to be quite frank I never see Pakistanis take inspiration from european cultures.

I also always see Pakistani Muslims take inspiration from the Islamic Caliphates (Rashidun, Ummayyads, Abbassids, even the Fatimids even theough the Fatimids aren't accpeted by Sunnis) , Mughals, Ottomans, Timurids,

why take the name of John? lol hahaha. I have yet to see any Pakistani call themselves "John."

Why not a Persian name like Firoz. There many beautiful names in Arabic, Persian, Turkish, Urdu, Uzbek.

Why choose John?
    If you can't finding John Mcclane inspiring then there is no point to your life. I don't wish to say anything bad about people who others revere, but at least some of the people you quoted up there were violent, known to have raped a few women, committed a massacre or two and plundered the wealth of the masses.
    The Following User Says Thank You to John Mcclane For This Useful Post: adil

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Aryan_B View Post
    [MENTION=2063]John Mcclane[/MENTION] [MENTION=2409]Durrani[/MENTION] good idea debate it here on this thread
    I was talking in general against Islamic laws having any practical application in modern societies. You can just run a Taliban style government, nothing else. Beheading, raping and militancy galore.

Islam is fine, in a personal capacity. By putting it on top of others, it becomes an imposition. Pro-rapist laws are just one aspect.
    The Following User Says Thank You to John Mcclane For This Useful Post: Aryan_B

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by John Mcclane View Post
    I was talking in general against Islamic laws having any practical application in modern societies. You can just run a Taliban style government, nothing else. Beheading, raping and militancy galore.

Islam is fine, in a personal capacity. By putting it on top of others, it becomes an imposition. Pro-rapist laws are just one aspect.
    sweeping statements there...
    Afghanistan was far more peaceful under Taliban than it is now under the Americans.

same goes for Saudi Arabia where laws are as per sharia...very peaceful...

so your statement is proven wrong..

Thanks
    UK UK

I'm not an expert on this either but I talked with some people who are educated on this. As far as they were concerned, Islam has no punishment for rape, especially marital rape and the early Muslims raped the women of the peoples they conquered.

Are there any early Islamic sources that contradict this?

Thanks
    Pakistan Europe

That's just it, you're cutting off people's hands, there is no chance of rehabilitation. Stoning to death for adultery? What is this? Then flogging? All in all no civilized behavior at all.
    According to whom? Who defined today's "CIVILIZED" behaviour of not disciplining children, of giving a to gay marriages, consensual sex, hookers, pubs, strip pubs....and the list goes on...How is ANY of THOSE mentioned civilized?!

These things are ancient. We should move towards kindness and understanding not towards such aggression and violence.
    I would like to see kindness if any woman you knew got raped (God forbid)...it is NATURAL to want some form of justice...But tell me what form of justice is equal to psychological trauma which the rape victim will face for the rest of her life, social rejection (painful truth....even in the west), disgust and trust issues? If you do not scare the people that such thing is WRONG...damn wrong...Wrong enough to loose your life...I dont think rape will increase...but rather it might make 1 think more than twice before doing something than in todays world where they ALMOST ALWAYS get away with it by calling it consensual sex getting rough!

If you can't finding John Mcclane inspiring then there is no point to your life. I don't wish to say anything bad about people who others revere, but at least some of the people you quoted up there were violent, known to have raped a few women, committed a massacre or two and plundered the wealth of the masses.
    Yet you believe such monsters through kindness and understanding can be rehabilitated?!

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by safriz View Post
    Afghanistan was far more peaceful under Taliban than it is now under the Americans.

Both things are separate. Taliban were horrible and now they are fighting to regain control, which is making things really horrible, and they are fighting to make things as horrible as they were. Know what I mean?

If you think Saudi is very peaceful, then god help you. A woman steps out of the house and every man starts salivating over the prospect of raping her. The boys in some schools are so sexually frustrated, there is known to be a major blow job underground being run over there and I don't have to tell you what some of their molvi sahabs are doing to children and 90 year olds marrying 9 yr olds.

Thanks
    Pakistan Europe

Mind you the pro-rapist law came to being because of wrong interpretations of an Islamic law...blame the twisted people who made it that way not the law itself which states nothing like that!

Thanks
    Pakistan Europe

Quote Originally Posted by safriz View Post

Err not really!

Thanks
    Pakistan Europe

Both things are separate. Taliban were horrible and now they are fighting to regain control, which is making things really horrible, and they are fighting to make things as horrible as they were. Know what I mean?

If you think Saudi is very peaceful, then god help you. A woman steps out of the house and every man starts salivating over the prospect of raping her. The boys in some schools are so sexually frustrated, there is known to be a major blow job underground being run over there and I don't have to tell you what some of their molvi sahabs are doing to children and 90 year olds marrying 9 yr olds.
    Apparently you have never been to Saudi nor know their laws...You just recite the newspaper....

Yes there is some crap going on there! But the locals are not monsters....

Yes their laws are twisted but not everyone is part of it nor supports it...

Yes they are weird but isnt every culture we dont know of?
    The Following User Says Thank You to bored For This Useful Post: KingKong

Thanks
    Pakistan UK

Quote Originally Posted by bored View Post
    Apparently you have never been to Saudi nor know their laws...You just recite the newspaper....

Saudi push their laws to the max. Their treatment of women is really poor

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

According to whom? Who defined today's "CIVILIZED" behaviour of not disciplining children, of giving a to gay marriages, consensual sex, hookers, pubs, strip pubs....and the list goes on...How is ANY of THOSE mentioned civilized?!
    People with half a brain decided. You are talking about what people do in a personal capacity. I'm talking about what you Islami Jamaats do to other people and when given the chance you guys do all these 'bad' things to others in the form of rape. Molvi sahabs raping boys is a form of gay rape. Muslim Brotherhood stripping women on the streets is stripping rape.

They are super good people compared to you who can't do jack against your own vices but have this big problem with gays. Gays are very good people compared to you. Whatever they do, they do with mutual consent.

I would like to see kindness if any woman you knew got raped (God forbid)...it is NATURAL to want some form of justice...But tell me what form of justice is equal to psychological trauma which the rape victim will face for the rest of her life, social rejection (painful truth....even in the west), disgust and trust issues? If you do not scare the people that such thing is WRONG...damn wrong...Wrong enough to loose your life...I dont think rape will increase...but rather it might make 1 think more than twice before doing something than in todays world where they ALMOST ALWAYS get away with it by calling it consensual sex getting rough!
    Start giving any punishment, at least rapes would reduce. This is our problem, we don't give any punishment to begin with but then when we want to talk big and mighty we are like chop off their balls!

Yet you believe such monsters through kindness and understanding can be rehabilitated?!
    Well to a certain point some people can be, certainly thieves can be. Depends on the situation.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Basically yes its horrible but shut up and look the other way.

I never called the locals there monsters, I knew some who were very nice, but laws do play a heavy role in shaping societies and there have been some really poor laws implemented there.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

men fantacize women all over the world....and child abuse is rampant in churches too...you may have heard of the scandals in the news....
    You are containing sharia law with men groping on women , gay sex and child abuse...
    How do you justify your statement that all those social evils are caused by Islamic laws?
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to safriz For This Useful Post: Aryan_B,bored

Thanks
    Pakistan Europe

People with half a brain decided. You are talking about what people do in a personal capacity. I'm talking about what you Islami Jamaats do to other people and when given the chance you guys do all these 'bad' things to others in the form of rape. Molvi sahabs raping boys is a form of gay rape. Muslim Brotherhood stripping women on the streets is stripping rape.
    Blame the doer ....Did Islam tell them to do that? No then why is Islam blamed?!

They are super good people compared to you who can't do jack against your own vices but have this big problem with gays. Gays are very good people compared to you. Whatever they do, they do with mutual consent.
    Yea...when did I say they were bad people? I just said what they did was not right...

Start giving any punishment, at least rapes would reduce. This is our problem, we don't give any punishment to begin with but then when we want to talk big and mighty we are like chop off their balls!
    And I did point that out...
    Well to a certain point some people can be, certainly thieves can be. Depends on the situation.
    Who decides these situations?
    The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bored For This Useful Post: Aryan_B,safriz,sparkling,Wattan

Thanks
    Pakistan Europe

Quote Originally Posted by KingKong View Post
    Saudi push their laws to the max. Their treatment of women is really poor
    Their treatment of women go both ways!

There are MANY who treat their women like queens...based on following some hadith...Then there are many who treat their women like crap...Happens everywhere

The Saudi men find it slightly impossible to marry Saudi women because of the high HAQ MEHR the women ask as their rights...Sadly these women are well aware of their material rights but not any other...Because like most of the world...they have become materialists!!

As for the scumbags...well mostly sheikhs...and I am not sure how many of you are aware BUT NOT ALL SAUDI men are Sheikhs!
    The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bored For This Useful Post: Aryan_B,sparkling,Wattan

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Their treatment of women go both ways!

There are MANY who treat their women like queens...based on following some hadith...Then there are many who treat their women like crap...Happens everywhere

The Saudi men find it slightly impossible to marry Saudi women because of the high HAQ MEHR the women ask as their rights...Sadly these women are well aware of their material rights but not any other...Because like most of the world...they have become materialists!!

As for the scumbags...well mostly sheikhs...and I am not sure how many of you are aware BUT NOT ALL SAUDI men are Sheikhs!
    Nicely said bored.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sparkling For This Useful Post: Aryan_B,bored

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast