Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT - DDoS ATTACKS ON OTHER FORUMS/SITES

Thanks
    Pakistan United States

Exclamation IMPORTANT - DDoS ATTACKS ON OTHER FORUMS/SITES

Hello everyone,

I am sure many of you are aware of the spate of recent cyber-attacks against various Pakistani and Indian forums and many of you may have already received my email on this subject.

It has come to the attention of the management of Pakistan Affairs that our site and management are being directly and/or indirectly accused of sponsoring these attacks and this notice and thread are to clarify our position on this issue, strongly condemn the attacks and hopefully dispel any doubts in the minds of our members and guests regarding our site and management.

The links and quotes below refer to the aspersions I mentioned above:
    Re: Cyber attacks from India
    To say at least, these attacks are not from GoI. Even IDF is down, and we were facing a lots of DDOS attacks. As i feel, these attacks can be from another forum which can gain by putting other forums out of business.
    Source: http://www.***********/forums/member...#ixzz253TFMMLe

Ah! The England Angle of Banned Pakistani members seems very logical. If I am reading it right, they were the types who would indulge in such activities..
    Source: http://www.***********/forums/member...#ixzz253U1o9b1

PDF Member Labong wrote:
    This kind of thread usually ends in castigating all Indians and India bashing, while conveniently forgetting that Indians constitute of bulk of traffic here(not blaming the admins, they are very much aware of the fact).
    I'd not even be surprised if the attacks are originating from England and perpetrators are Pakistani in origin, I refuse to say anything more as that would violate forum rules.
    Pakistan Affairs and its management have nothing whatsoever to do with these attacks and we do not have the time nor interest, given our busy personal lives and careers outside of the world wide web, to engage in childish antics such as DDoS attacks.

As I have repeatedly stated in my email communication with PDF management as well as on Defence Forum India, a site, or any product, can only be successful in the long run if the product/content it offers is attractive to the consumer. All the hoopla about 'clone sites and poaching members' is utter nonsense given that consumers/members will participate on the forum that best caters to their interests and is attractive to them. Pakistan Affairs may not currently be drawing as much traffic as other sites but the responsibility for that lies with us, the management - we will not blame nor attack other sites for our own shortcomings. We assure you that any allegations suggesting that Pakistan Affairs and/or some/all of its management are behind the DDoS attacks against PDF are complete fabrications and untrue - we condemn these attacks because they are illegal, unethical and in no way are they an appropriate means of competition.

Feel free to contact me and/or the rest of the management of Pakistan Affairs if you have any questions and please pass on our message to anyone else who might be curious.

Regards

Agnostic Muslim
    Administrator
    www.pakistanaffairs.pk
    The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to AgNoStIc MuSliM For This Useful Post: Alpha1,contract killer,Emmie,FeKay,Hafiz,JonAsad,KRAIT,Mirza44,Neo,Neptune,Pukhtoon,RazPaK,Sania,SpArK,Spring

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Go Agnostic Muslim GO!

We as a family have created a lovely atmosphere here and in such a short period of time got a great band of merry men. We dont want to be associated with this rubbish. We want to concentrate on our site and make it a fun pleasant site.

Today i was humbled by Manoj thanking all for not trolling of a thread when 2 Indian helicopters crashed. We are not that type on this forum. We are not here to spread hatred and bait.
    I am here because i saw the intense work and effort made by the owners of this site and if i felt 1% indoubting their characters i wouldnt put my heart into this.
    Thank you AgnosticMuslim for keeping us informed and thank you for making this site different from the rest.
    Thank you for reading this .... now back to gapp shapp!!!
    The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Express For This Useful Post: AgNoStIc MuSliM,Aryan_B,bilalhaider,Hafiz,Hope,JonAsad,KingKong,Major Sam,Neo,sami,Sania,Shahin Vatani,Spring,Superkaif,Wattan

Thanks
    Pakistan United Arab Emirates
    Agnostic - I am new to this forum and have never experienced such honesty. Thank you sir. I from my limited time on here believe i am safe in saying your integrity will never be questioned and i trust you and our site not to stoop to the levels suggested by these third parties. Lets focus on making this a better place!

Long live pakistanaffairs.pk!!!!
    The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hope For This Useful Post: AgNoStIc MuSliM,contract killer,Express,JonAsad,Neo,Sania,Spring,Superkaif,Wattan

Thanks
    Pakistan England
    In response to a gentleman's email from Agnostic Muslim to the Webmaster of that site containing the above information one Ahsan Farooqi the Webmaster on that forum put this on his forum.

Certain Pakistani banned ex-member who is a party with these rats on DDOSing PDF and other WDN sites just sent me an email clarifying his position of being a non-party to these attacks

Source: http://www.***********/forums/member...#ixzz253rhv0xI

I know we have a lot of guests watching this thread I would ask you to wait there. Within 5 minutes I will make a statement about Ahsan Farooqi and is partner Asim Aqil which will shock all in the forum world.
    The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aryan_B For This Useful Post: Emmie,Express,Hafiz,Hope,sami,Superkaif,Wattan

Thanks
    Pakistan England
    This morning I received a pm from a member on our forum who is a member on that forum:

Member:

Aryan_B,

Be careful. WebMaster (Ahsan) of *********** thinks that you are attacking his website. He is going around asking different people to hack your site in retaliation.

I responded:

I am not. but who he asked?

Member responded:

No problem brother. He has apparently asked XXXXXX a few times. XXXXXX sent me a print screen of one of these times. I am going to forward it to your gmail account.

I have now received this print screen. In which Ahsan Farooqi asks his members to carry out illegal acts and abuse and attack us. I also have the home address of XXXXXX.

I have asked that member if I may release copies of his pm and the screen shot. He has not come back to me yet. However if Law Enforcement from any country was to approach me I would be duty bound to release this information to them and I would.

Please stay tuned for 5 mins more as I am going to post again within 5 minutes further revelations.
    The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Aryan_B For This Useful Post: AgNoStIc MuSliM,AK47,Alpha1,bored,contract killer,Emmie,Express,Hope,JonAsad,sami,Sania,Superkaif,Wattan

Thanks
    Pakistan England
    Aryan brother this last post of yours is enough. It is disturbing and sad that Ahsan Farooqi & Co are degrading themselves like this. What more evidence is needed? God bless our forum, we do not need to resort to these sick means.
    The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AK47 For This Useful Post: Express,JonAsad,Superkaif,Wattan

Thanks
    Pakistan England
    When we set this forum up we had extensive negotiations with AF & AA and that forum.

AA is on record on email to me asking me why are you setting up a forum you are a rich person why are you kicking our bread and butter. This was a shock to me as one month earlier I was asked for donations under the guise that Pakistan was being promoted. I had given $1000. I was shocked that I was told that it was their bread and butter when earlier I had been asked to provide donations. It would appear that it is being run as profitable venture. I have no issues with anyone making money put it is not for them to to put a begging bowl out for donations as if it is Zakat. I would like to take this opportunity to ask AF how he has accounted for this donation and other donations that we have made to the relevant tax authorities in the US as he is a US citizen.

Once again if I am questioned by IRS or any other authority I will be happy to provide details of debit card payments etc to AF and his site

We the Pakistan affairs management team are proud to inform everyone that we were offered a revenue sharing scheme from the owner (AF) of that "massive international forum" and Admin roles and we refused because we found their hatred and tactics objectionable.

I note they are asking for donations again again again today I would warn all people that if they give any money they should ask for transparency of where there money really goes

Once again if law enforcement want to see communications records of all I have said and the shenanigans of that forum I am happy to cooperate
    The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Aryan_B For This Useful Post: AK47,bored,contract killer,Emmie,Express,Hope,Iranzamin,JonAsad,Neo,sami,Superkaif,Wattan

Thanks
    Pakistan United States
    Wtf???????
    The Following User Says Thank You to RazPaK For This Useful Post: Pukhtoon

Thanks
    Pakistan England
    Lastly I would say to the supermods and mods on that forum some who who I believe are patriotic Pakistani people with integrity unaware of all this so far you have not known and it is understandable that you have stood by that forum. I ask all of you now to consider your positions carefully in light of what I have said
    The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aryan_B For This Useful Post: AK47,Express,Hope,Iranzamin,JonAsad,Neo,sami,Superkaif,Wattan

Thanks
    Iran Iran
    I read in Pakistani newspapers that Indian government were behind the attacks on Pakistani forums... what is going on here ?

Thanks
    Pakistan England
    Quote Originally Posted by Iranzamin View Post
    I read in Pakistani newspapers that Indian government were behind the attacks on Pakistani forums... what is going on here ?

Brother let me tell you they have not a clue who is behind these attacks. I have seen AA and AF make the following comments:

1. Its those two brothers only they can afford it referring to us.

2. later on the same day its those two brothers ganging up with Indian forums.

3. Oh its the Indian govt.

I have heard a combination of these three above depending on the time of the day. I believe that they and their site are responsible for inciting hatred. They have lots of enemies out there and they are clutching at straws as it could be practically anyone
    The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Aryan_B For This Useful Post: AgNoStIc MuSliM,bilalhaider,Durrani,Emmie,Express,Hope,Iranzamin,JonAsad,KingKong,Neo,sami,Sania,Superkaif,Wattan

Thanks
    Pakistan United States
    The management of some of those Pakistani forums is using the attacks to spread malicious and fabricated rumors about the Pakistan Affairs site and its management team, as can be seen from the quotes above taken from their forum.

You can see from various threads on their forum that first they blamed the GoI, then they blamed an Indian forum and then they blamed it on 'collusion between and Indian forum and Pakistan Affairs'.
    The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AgNoStIc MuSliM For This Useful Post: bilalhaider,contract killer,Emmie,Iranzamin,JonAsad,KRAIT

Thanks
    Pakistan United States
    Man, I really don't like all this drama. I think everyone should make peace.
    The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RazPaK For This Useful Post: AK47,Iranzamin,KingKong,Pukhtoon,Sania

Thanks
    Iran Iran
    ^^ why we cant live in peace ?
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iranzamin For This Useful Post: RazPaK,Sania

Thanks
    Pakistan United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RazPaK View Post
    RazPak,

In response to my email that was largely identical to my OP, the response PDF Webmaster put up was the following:

Certain Pakistani banned ex-member who is a party with these rats on DDOSing PDF and other WDN sites just sent me an email clarifying his position of being a non-party to these attacks

When certain individuals cannot even respond with civility and resort to abusive comments, how can you expect the two sides to make peace?

Quite honestly, PDF management knows that Pakistan Affairs and the management here have nothing to do with the DDoS attacks against them, but they are using this opportunity to smear us and through that undermine our forum.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AgNoStIc MuSliM For This Useful Post: JonAsad,RazPaK

Thanks
    Pakistan United States
    ^^ why we cant live in peace ?
    That is a good question for the individual calling us 'rats'.
    The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AgNoStIc MuSliM For This Useful Post: AK47,contract killer,Hope,JonAsad

Thanks
    Pakistan United Arab Emirates
    Quote Originally Posted by RazPaK View Post
    Brother who is using words like "rats"? Who is accusing who of attacking them? Who is asking for money under false pretences? Now please answer this if you was treated like these guys have been would you remain as dignified and honourable as they have done? Please have a think brother and think who has been exposed.
    The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hope For This Useful Post: AgNoStIc MuSliM,Aryan_B,KingKong,Superkaif,Wattan

Thanks
    Pakistan United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AgNoStIc MuSliM View Post
    RazPak,

In response to my email that was largely identical to my OP, the response PDF Webmaster put up was the following:

When certain individuals cannot even respond with civility and resort to abusive comments, how can you expect the two sides to make peace?

Quite honestly, PDF management knows that Pakistan Affairs and the management here have nothing to do with the DDoS attacks against them, but they are using this opportunity to smear us and through that undermine our forum.
    Agno,

this fighting and jealousy is rather feminine in nature. I'm having a hard time in believing what Aryan B has just posted..

I'm completely shocked.
    The Following User Says Thank You to RazPaK For This Useful Post: JonAsad

Thanks
    China Pakistan
    What's going on? I understood Aryan is upset rightly. Other forums should refrain repeating one person naming him or bros, I found it insulting by confirming to Indians on that forum. It is not supposed to do any false flags or bad rumors.

Kindly both Pakistanis should refrain from personal attacks each other, just look at what happen in our country fighting, so does forums? The condemnation statement made by AM is enough for just now.

Pakistan Affairs has nothing to do with DDoS attacks on other forums, come on.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RaptorRX For This Useful Post: JonAsad,RazPaK

Forum Administrator bilalhaider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan
    I commend Agno on starting this thread. Pakistan Affairs believe in transparency with all our members here. These last few months (since this forum came into being) have not been easy, there have been a lot of challenges, lots of unsavory exchanges with 'people from our past' (AA, AF etc). It would have been easier to give up on this platform, but we have managed to thrive in the face of difficulties; creating an amicable environment for members from all nationalities, and we pride ourselves in that.

Let us make a few things clear. These guys on PDF have no clue who is behind these attacks. The purpose of their accusations is two-fold: a) they are throwing stuff in the air, and seeing "which one sticks". b) More importantly, they are also testing our resolve and our dedication to this new platform, if we'll freak out & give up on it; or fight for it. It's a way for them to get back at us, because their forum is going downhill.

The DDoS attacks have been taking place on PDF since a very long time, they never figured out who was behind the attacks, but they leveled accusations at everyone. People contributed financially in huge quantities to that forum to protect it from cyber attacks, but they failed to do so, and refused to take any accountability for accepting money. They refused to be transparent, about what they did with the money either.
    The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bilalhaider For This Useful Post: AgNoStIc MuSliM,Aryan_B,JonAsad,Neo,RazPaK,Red Crow,Spring

Last edited by bilalhaider; 31st August 2012 at 16:32.

Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast