Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT - DDoS ATTACKS ON OTHER FORUMS/SITES

Junior Member genmirajborgza786's Avatar
    Thanks
    Canada Canada
    hope peace is made between agno & webby they both are my seniors & i have great respect for both of them i humbly request both my seniors to let bygone be bygones & make up for old times sake
    thanks
    The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to genmirajborgza786 For This Useful Post: AgNoStIc MuSliM,JonAsad,KRAIT,RazPaK

Thanks
    Bangladesh Bangladesh
    Quote Originally Posted by AgNoStIc MuSliM View Post
    That is a good question for the individual calling us 'rats'.
    I haven't been following things very closely but I assume you are no longer on PDF. When did this all happen. I have noticed that you no longer post there.

So PDF and IDF have been attacked .... It is interesting that the Indian sites are getting hit also.
    The Following User Says Thank You to MBI Munshi For This Useful Post: JonAsad

Thanks
    India India
    IDF is NOT an Indian site. It is run by Ahsan.

Thanks
    Bangladesh Bangladesh
    Quote Originally Posted by Yusuf View Post
    IDF is NOT an Indian site. It is run by Ahsan.
    Interesting, then why do I keep getting banned from IDF?

Thanks
    India India
    Quote Originally Posted by MBI Munshi View Post
    Interesting, then why do I keep getting banned from IDF?
    Sham.... All he is bothered about is money from ads and donations.
    The Following User Says Thank You to Yusuf For This Useful Post: Neo

Thanks
    United States United States
    I hope you people are smart enough to know that it could be work of an Indian forum named as DDOS forum of india off late and one of their staff owns his own ddos panel. they might have used animosity between you people to start a forum war while they will sit back and enjoy.

Thanks
    India India
    Quote Originally Posted by AgNoStIc MuSliM View Post
    RazPak,

In response to my email that was largely identical to my OP, the response PDF Webmaster put up was the following:

Certain Pakistani banned ex-member who is a party with these rats on DDOSing PDF and other WDN sites just sent me an email clarifying his position of being a non-party to these attacks

When certain individuals cannot even respond with civility and resort to abusive comments, how can you expect the two sides to make peace?

Quite honestly, PDF management knows that Pakistan Affairs and the management here have nothing to do with the DDoS attacks against them, but they are using this opportunity to smear us and through that undermine our forum.
    Makes me recall all that was done to Neo and DS' forum.

Ahsan and Asim have their livelihood at stake here so they will make all sorts of allegations. Don't worry, you chaps are not the first Pakistani site under attack here, they have tried to hack the original PDF as well and were exposed on that site as well fair and square, old timers would recall, and then systematically Neo and DS' forum was also taken down.
    The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thakur_ritesh For This Useful Post: Aryan_B,JonAsad,Neo

Thanks
    but question is who is the real culprit here ?is it case of pakistan affairs is getting the blame while someone else is doing it to start a forum war. I got a thread somewhere about one new forum being attacked by fellow Indian forum.
    XXXXXXX| IDB - Indian Defence Forum[/url]
    check post number 10 and later ones. someone is trying to repeat what ahsan and asim started.

I dont think I am in position to suggest admins of this forum and I presume they are smart enough but dont keep snakes in asteen.
    Last edited by Aryan_B; 31st August 2012 at 06:48. Reason: In the absence of an agreement please do not put links to other forum

Thanks
    Pakistan England
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelkid View Post
    but question is who is the real culprit here ?is it case of pakistan affairs is getting the blame while someone else is doing it to start a forum war.
    Mate no one is starting a forum war here and now. AF/AA forum was attacked on at least two occasions within the last 12 months time and stayed off line for significant periods.

On the first occasion I asked him how much he needed to get back on line and gave him whatever he needed. Man I thought I was being patriotic to the country of my origin.

There is as much evidence that we are involved as there is that every now and then they decide to take their own site down and ask their members some who are forum addicts to give them donations. The timing on this one is particularly sensitive. It has allowed them to ask for donations, blame Indian forums, man they blamed the Indian govt and blame us

AA wrote a letter to a Pakistani newspaper about the Indian govt outing them. Man how can these guys blame a govt and talk freedom of speech then a few hours later without evidence whatsoever blame other forums?????
    The Following User Says Thank You to Aryan_B For This Useful Post: JonAsad

Thanks
    UK Pakistan
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelkid View Post
    but question is who is the real culprit here ?is it case of pakistan affairs is getting the blame while someone else is doing it to start a forum war. I got a thread somewhere about one new forum being attacked by fellow Indian forum.
    XXXXXXX| IDB - Indian Defence Forum[/url]
    check post number 10 and later ones. someone is trying to repeat what ahsan and asim started.

I dont think I am in position to suggest admins of this forum and I presume they are smart enough but dont keep snakes in asteen.
    I have deliberately kept out of this thread and left it to Agno and Aryan to deal with. Needless to say we have been going for 7 weeks now and time will tell who is attacking who. In the 7 weeks we have accumulated literally dozens of emails warning us of the consequences and to watch our backs etc. We have continued regardless of these threats.
    Now the accusations have started.

You guys are probably more knowledgeable than i on the characters involved and i will leave it for yourselves to judge who is speaking the truth. I dont want to bad mouth or get involved in tit for tat allegations and wish all success with whatever venture you guys get involved with but please before you start throwing mud realize that accusing anyone of wrong doing and starting rumours off is a childish venture and remember the evidence already out their.
    I believe everything Agnosic and Aryan have said is the truth as i have been privy to all the emails.
    The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Superkaif For This Useful Post: bilalhaider,Emmie,JonAsad,KingKong,Wattan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryan_B View Post
    Mate no one is starting a forum war here and now. AF/AA forum was attacked on at least two occasions within the last 12 months time and stayed off line for significant periods.

On the first occasion I asked him how much he needed to get back on line and gave him whatever he needed. Man I thought I was being patriotic to the country of my origin.

There is as much evidence that we are involved as there is that every now and then they decide to take their own site down and ask their members some who are forum addicts to give them donations. The timing on this one is particularly sensitive. It has allowed them to ask for donations, blame Indian forums, man they blamed the Indian govt and blame us

AA wrote a letter to a Pakistani newspaper about the Indian govt outing them. Man how can these guys blame a govt and talk freedom of speech then a few hours later without evidence whatsoever blame other forums?????
    Mate I never said that you people have started a forum war or started ddosing PDF. I doubt if a newly started forum has enough resources to pull off these things. These kind of cheap tactics are applied by people who are at the top and want to be there by hook or by crook .But things is that IDF is down most of the times in last 1-2 weeks and few other Indian forums has also been under attacks. Also for PDf its easier to blame you people to get sympathy as you have potential to take them on.
    What I am saying here is that someone else is acting as a villian and you guys are taking blame for that . Reason that people may believe this propoganda bacause pakistan affairs has some active members from that DDOS forum of India and they are using your shoulder to fire their guns.

Thanks
    Pakistan England
    Quote Originally Posted by genmirajborgza786 View Post
    hope peace is made between agno & webby they both are my seniors & i have great respect for both of them i humbly request both my seniors to let bygone be bygones & make up for old times sake
    thanks
    I agree entirely with the sentiment in your post. That is why when I received irrefutable evidence which I am prepared to give to law enforcement if asked for that Ahasan Faruqi is inciting his members to carry out illegal acts in the first instance we did not create a thread or go public. Our management sent an email through Agno to them making clear that this was nothing to do with us.

I was then told by a member that Ahsan F put this on his forum (we also have a copy of that thread now):

Certain Pakistani banned ex-member who is a party with these rats on DDOSing PDF and other WDN sites just sent me an email clarifying his position of being a non-party to these attacks

There are a number of lies there in response to our olive branch. We are called rats. Why? AF suggests that we are banned Pakistanii members as if we have been sanctioned for wrongdoing.

I have an email from AF offering us positions as admins and also revenue sharing with him. Because we are not interested in this he has banned us and bad mouths us on his site etc. We want to have nothing to do with him or his site.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aryan_B For This Useful Post: JonAsad,Wattan

Thanks
    India India
    I think screen shots of all such mails will shut the case and expose them.

Thanks
    Pakistan England
    @Rebelkid please read earlier posts I have stated I have evidence which I will release to law enforcement if it becomes necessary which shows that AF is asking his members to attack us and carry out illegal acts.

Its nothing to do with resources. We have resources at our disposal.
    Last edited by Aryan_B; 31st August 2012 at 08:55.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Quite a shocking read,this thread...

But at the same time, I think this raw-transparency is a very respectable quality.
    All I wanna say is:this blame game is a waste of time,energy and serves very little purpose. The only winners are the real perpetrators and their heinous little agendas. Unless of-course the blame itself is a calculated response reflecting greater agenda;then what a shame, if true.

The problem with such agendas is, they don't march very far before laying exposed. One way or another, truth always prevails in the end... Also I think Agnostic_Muslim has set-out a very transparent and honest template of thoughts, with room for communication if need to be...anything more is plain absurd.

I only hope it ends well for everyone.

just some thoughts

peace
    The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FeKay For This Useful Post: araz,Aryan_B,genmirajborgza786,KRAIT,RazPaK

Thanks
    India United States
    I appreciate AM coming forward and clarifying where PAF stands. Its ridiculous to suggest that such a nascent forum will involve in such activities. And as some one said, the said forum is just throwing mud in the air and to see it sticks to whom. They blame PAF, Indian forum, Indian government or some anonymous members due toa list published by GoI.

The said forum should be banned from India for spreading propaganda against India and the management is wilfully doing it (by allowing morphed pictures propaganda on their website and not deleting despite multiple reports and exposing the morphed nature of pictures).

And it is also shocking to see that they are asking others to attack this forum. Name and shame these idiots for their wrongdoing. I think a proper protection for this forum should be put in place just in case.

Incidentally, the Indian forum run by these chaps is also down when these forum was done. But they claim they are not running it. Who are they kidding?.
    The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Batman For This Useful Post: Aryan_B,bilalhaider,Express,JonAsad

Thanks
    Pakistan United States
    Quote Originally Posted by genmirajborgza786 View Post
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MBI Munshi View Post
    I haven't been following things very closely but I assume you are no longer on PDF. When did this all happen. I have noticed that you no longer post there.

So PDF and IDF have been attacked .... It is interesting that the Indian sites are getting hit also.
    Munshi sahib,

I protested the manner in which Aryan and Superkaif were being treated after they got banned and were thinking about starting a new forum, as I had protested against the treatment of Neo and DS when they got banned and started their forum. I strongly disagree with tactics like distorting and abusing user profiles (my profile name on PDF is now apparently Sahih, and my avatar a bouncing Pooh Bear, and the post count has been manually adjusted down to 5000 or so) or bans. As I said in my OP, a forum/site will succeed on its own merits so actions such as the ones PDF management likes to take are childish, vindictive and petty. I eventually informed PDF management that I was resigning as Administrator to avoid any conflict of interest when I joined the new forum. I indicated to them that I would be willing to continue posting on their forum occasionally, much as I have been doing on DFI and WAB of late. Pakistan Affairs even passed on some information (without specifics) on potential threats being made to attack PDF, and at that point we were banned because our efforts to show sincerity backfired and we were instead accused of 'threatening PDF'.

Now, with respect to the sentiments expressed by genmirajborgza786 and others about reconciliation - here is the latest response from the Webmaster of PDF:

World Defence [email protected]
    5:55 PM (14 hours ago)

to me, irfan, Asim, saeed, Z, Elmo, taimikhan, Zaki, Syed
    Zain,

Go **** yourself.

I came to you guys to remove copyright violations. You guys refused and resorted to collaboration with the D F I rats to bring PDF down. All the kartoots to whom you collaborate with (and their administration) is a backhand info for me.

Dont ******* email me ever again.

Take care.
    Allah Hafiz
    I suppose it was nice of him to say 'Allah Hafiz' at the end after all that abusive language.

And if anyone is wondering, Pakistan Affairs very politely asked PDF management to provide Pakistan Affairs with any evidence that might support the claims that PDF/Ahsan did in fact own the copyright to the user ranks he was complaining about, or any other copyright violations he might thing we were engaged in, in response to which we have received nothing:

Asim,

There is a lot of content on the web - images, articles, websites etc. You cannot simply throw around random claims that 'XYZ is my copyright' and expect other entities to merely accept your word for it. If PDF does indeed have a copyright on any of the content you and Ahsan have referred to, please provide us the relevant documentation establishing it and/or provide us the contact information for you and/or your legal representatives to contact in order to resolve this matter.

We have committed no crime given that you and Ahsan/PDF have consistently refused to justify your claim of having a copyright on any of the content being referred to. Who has the copyright to the name 'Pakistan Defence Forum' given that there is a site by that name that predates ***********? Are you in copyright violation of their name? Members on PDF used to submit banners, artwork and logos that PDF used all the time. If you have registered any of this content then please send us the relevant documents illustrating this and for our legal representatives to review.

Regards

Pakistan Affairs Team
    I am posting excerpts of our exchanges solely in the interest of transparency and to illustrate that Pakistan Affairs has done nothing wrong and that we have, at every step, attempted to comply with the law and conduct our relationship and communication with PDF management in a civilized and dignified manner, in response to which we received bans, had our accounts banned, profiles distorted, IP's banned and now have a smear campaign launched against us.
    The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AgNoStIc MuSliM For This Useful Post: JonAsad,RaptorRX,Red Crow

Thanks
    India India
    Look guys, as long as this forum remains neutral and doesn't get involved in anti-India or any other country, at least I don't have a problem whatsoever.

@Indian Members

Those who have registered and those visit this forum and haven't registered because people oftenly say that joining a Pakistani forum is not patriotic, kindly note that posting or registering on one forum doesn't mean patriotism. Its a lame excuse

If you want to be patriotic, go outside and do something for your country or atleast don't use internet for 1 month and give that money to NGOs or in other humanitarian organizations of your country

You are guest on this forum and if you want respect, respect them. Cheapness or using vulgar language just bring bad name to our country and can make things worse for us. I knew one of the senior Chinese member who become anti-India just because he got fed up by those Indians who were always abusing others. He even sent me a link where he defended India. But he became my friend and even asked other chinese member , not to bash me. So others will be friends as long as you are civil. Little fights and leg pulling is OK but just be careful.

Having said that if you find doctored pics and threads which can lead to any trouble in your country, report it to ADMINS directly. If they don't take action, leave the forum.

But don't get indulged in DDOSing. Its for children.

@Admins
    I remember the reason given by AA that they didn't know about that fake thread and Indian admin told him that it has been on AA's website for few weeks which was even reported many times but no action was taken (AM may know this). Don't know that was intentional or not, but it shouldn't happen here.

I urge you guys to be extra careful about PMs which many Indian members will send if we find anything like that thread, on this forum (It doesn't mean I doubt your efficiency, neutrality or anything). We all know India-Pakistan rivalry may push anyone to go to extreme.
    The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KRAIT For This Useful Post: AgNoStIc MuSliM,araz,bilalhaider,JonAsad,ManojKumar,Neo

Last edited by KRAIT; 31st August 2012 at 14:28.

Thanks
    Pakistan United States
    Here is my response to yet another absurd allegation (of bribery now) by PDF management on DFI:

Quote Originally Posted by Asim Aquil View Post
    This is a new horrible campaign against my person that I have swindled money from donations - from the very people (Agnostics forum mates) who I have on record offering me a bribe to switch sides to them and I am on record to have given them an earful for it. AM was offered too in the same email you might want to ask him what made him switch sides suddenly?

I am collecting all these allegations of money swindling as this accounts for real libel and I will take them to court for it - me personally and ask them to prove it. If not they will have to pay for damages to my person for making false claims. This is one allegation I'm not going to let go.
    No bribe was offered to you - Aryan and Superkaif were interested in finding PDF operations and expansion COMPLETELY, so that PDF would not longer need to ask for donations, but in exchange they wanted the management structure of PDF to be reformed and ownership shared between Ahsan, Asim, themselves and perhaps some others including myself.

As part of these business negotiations they were willing to pay for travel expenses of the people concerned in order to have 'face to face meetings' and finalize and sign off on any agreement. I assume you are an employed professional, and if so, you should know that covering expenses and hosting dinners or retreats for potential business partners/customers is standard practice in most organizations.

What made me switch sides was made clear to you in the PDF management section as well as in my posts on this forum - I do not like PDF tactics of abusing user profiles and launching smear campaigns as they did with Neo/DS and have now done with us. I had also, repeatedly over the years, asked Ahsan to consider reforming PDF management to have more owners so that the forum had continuity and true consensus based decision making.

BTW, the allegations are against PDF management, and not specifically you, and you yourself stated in an email that 'PDF was your rozi and roti', so how do you explain that comment if you are not making money from the forum?

You stated in your letter to Dawn that PDF spends $20,000 annually on site security - can you provide a breakdown of those expenses and PDF resources used to cover those expenses?

Let us all see some transparency from PDF and have you publicly detail the expenses and revenues of your 'professionally run international organization'.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AgNoStIc MuSliM For This Useful Post: araz,JonAsad

Thanks
    Pakistan United States
    Well things are getting heavy in here.

I urge Asim Aquil to register and create an account so that he may defend himself. Perhaps everyone can come to an agreement and make peace.
    The Following User Says Thank You to RazPaK For This Useful Post: JonAsad

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast