Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Use and abuse of members profiles by PDF

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Re: Taking the Mask off PDF

This is very bad. I strongly condemn this low level attempt by PDF, abusing the avatar of respectable members. This is totally illegal. This is unacceptable at any level. This is fraud, cheap attempt and clear robbery to steal info of members and misusing it.

Thanks
    Pakistan England

[MENTION=978]Ticker[/MENTION] you are fortunate in the past they have carried out such acts and there has been no platform for people to clear there name.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aryan_B For This Useful Post: ajtr,Dash

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by RazPaK View Post
    Nah. Daro mat. Tumein ney kuch honay detay.

filhal to mere neend he urr gaee he ...mein sochrahe hun dono foarms ko khuda hafiz karun hamesha k liye

Thanks
    Pakistan United States

Quote Originally Posted by PK_BALOCH View Post
    filhal to mere neend he urr gaee he ...mein sochrahe hun dono foarms ko khuda hafiz karun
    Kyun loadshedding mein need ney say aati?

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Kyun loadshedding mein need ney say aati?

mera matalab he hamesha k liye khuda hafiz to pdf and pakistan aaffairs foarm
    The Following User Says Thank You to PK_BALOCH For This Useful Post: RazPaK

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

[MENTION=882]ajtr[/MENTION] had mentioned before in this thread that she was told by Ahsan that she was baited - and frankly I did not understand much as to what was she saying. It is now clear to me as to what is it like out there. How so many people can be insulted in this manner is unfathomable.

I am still under a bit of a shock and do not understand what to say - but one thing is very clear, I will be very aware of my surroundings while I have a walk in my lawn again.

Thanks
    Pakistan United States

It's your choice, but if you leave, I will miss you.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Hey don't do that - you are fighter. Stay a fighter and keep on posting - talk to [MENTION=882]ajtr[/MENTION] -

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Ticker View Post
    Hey don't do that - you are fighter. Stay a fighter and keep on posting - talk to [MENTION=882]ajtr[/MENTION] -
    [MENTION=1127]PK_BALOCH[/MENTION], I have seen you standing tall in front of whatever was thrown at you and you did not walk away. You fought back. Stay here and continue posting - with so many good people around, this probably is the place.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dash For This Useful Post: Felix,Sinbad

Thanks
    Pakistan Iran

Guys - Whoever did that was not right

Thanks
    Pakistan United States

Quote Originally Posted by LoveIcon View Post
    Guys - Whoever did that was not right
    I noticed that Ahsan (Webmaster) on PDF posted the IP addresses he claimed the post was made from and how the IP on the post matched the IP used by @Ticker to post his other posts.

There are a few issues here:

1. It is unethical to post a member's IP on the open forum without good cause

2. A list of IP addresses posted in the manner that Ahsan (Webmaster) posted does not tell us anything about the IP used to post a particular comment

3. Each post on the forum has an IP icon under the post that the Admins and/or mods (depending on whether they have the necessary access) can click on to view the IP used for that particular post. In order to confirm that the post was made using Ticker's IP address we would need to see a screenshot of the post in question with the IP address used to make that post being shown under the post.

As I pointed out in my emails to certain members of PDF after I left, this kind of desperate and unethical tactic is what I was fed up of and concerned about (in terms of being used against those of us leaving PDF). When @Neo and @DarkStar left the forum a few years ago due to similar issues with Ahsan (Webmaster), some extremely abusive and derogatory posts, such as the one attributed to Ticker, were made using DarkStar and Neo's accounts. Neo emailed me and informed me that neither of them had made those posts (I was a senior mod at the time) since they were both locked out of their accounts.

In order to verify the identity of the poster I did exactly what I described in point #3 - checked the IP listed on the IP icon for those abusive posts and cross-referenced them with the IP database of PDF. The IP addresses were a match for only one member in PDF - Webmaster (Ahsan). I then confronted Webmaster on the management chatbox and in the management threads about this (where the other moderators and admins could see this conversation), and when Ahsan initially tried to deny that he had anything to do with it, I showed him how the IP used for those posts was a match solely to his username. Asim Aquil, though he may want to deny it now because of his ties to the forum, agreed with me at the time and criticized Ahsan over it. That was a point when I almost left PDF because of how unethical the whole affair was with Neo and Darkstar.

However, I stayed because Asim Aquil and Ahsan (webmaster) proposed a new management philosophy where we would all have input and the forum would run through consensus. That lasted for a while and eventually things went back to the way they were again, and then the whole unsavory episode with Mosamania being appointed moderator without anyone else in management knowing (despite serving a ban at the time) occurred and Aryan_B and Superkaif were banned and their accounts defaced. I argued against those tactics and pointed out that this was a complete slap in the face of the commitments made a few years ago about changing the management philosophy and manner in which PDF was being run. My please fell on deaf ears and I left - you know what they say about 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice ...'.
    @Muse @Irfan Baloch @araz @Andriod @Rashid @Solomon2 @Emmie @LoveIcon @safriz @RazPaK @JonAsad

Is this really the 'friendship that is worth so much' Muse and Irfan were referring to?

Thanks
    Pakistan Iran

[MENTION=67]AgNoStIc MuSliM[/MENTION]; I probably know the reason behind it, and i don't need screenshots and today someone has lost his respect in my eyes.

Thanks
    Pakistan Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by AgNoStIc MuSliM View Post
    I noticed that Ahsan (Webmaster) on PDF posted the IP addresses he claimed the post was made from and how the IP on the post matched the IP used by @Ticker to post his other posts.

There are a few issues here:

1. It is unethical to post a member's IP on the open forum without good cause

2. A list of IP addresses posted in the manner that Ahsan (Webmaster) posted does not tell us anything about the IP used to post a particular comment

3. Each post on the forum has an IP icon under the post that the Admins and/or mods (depending on whether they have the necessary access) can click on to view the IP used for that particular post. In order to confirm that the post was made using Ticker's IP address we would need to see a screenshot of the post in question with the IP address used to make that post being shown under the post.

As I pointed out in my emails to certain members of PDF after I left, this kind of desperate and unethical tactic is what I was fed up of and concerned about (in terms of being used against those of us leaving PDF). When @Neo and @DarkStar left the forum a few years ago due to similar issues with Ahsan (Webmaster), some extremely abusive and derogatory posts, such as the one attributed to Ticker, were made using DarkStar and Neo's accounts. Neo emailed me and informed me that neither of them had made those posts (I was a senior mod at the time) since they were both locked out of their accounts.

In order to verify the identity of the poster I did exactly what I described in point #3 - checked the IP listed on the IP icon for those abusive posts and cross-referenced them with the IP database of PDF. The IP addresses were a match for only one member in PDF - Webmaster (Ahsan). I then confronted Webmaster on the management chatbox and in the management threads about this (where the other moderators and admins could see this conversation), and when Ahsan initially tried to deny that he had anything to do with it, I showed him how the IP used for those posts was a match solely to his username. Asim Aquil, though he may want to deny it now because of his ties to the forum, agreed with me at the time and criticized Ahsan over it. That was a point when I almost left PDF because of how unethical the whole affair was with Neo and Darkstar.

However, I stayed because Asim Aquil and Ahsan (webmaster) proposed a new management philosophy where we would all have input and the forum would run through consensus. That lasted for a while and eventually things went back to the way they were again, and then the whole unsavory episode with Mosamania being appointed moderator without anyone else in management knowing (despite serving a ban at the time) occurred and Aryan_B and Superkaif were banned and their accounts defaced. I argued against those tactics and pointed out that this was a complete slap in the face of the commitments made a few years ago about changing the management philosophy and manner in which PDF was being run. My please fell on deaf ears and I left - you know what they say about 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice ...'.
    @Muse @Irfan Baloch @araz @Andriod @Rashid @Solomon2 @Emmie @LoveIcon @safriz @RazPaK @JonAsad

Is this really the 'friendship that is worth so much' Muse and Irfan were referring to?
    I hv the screenshot- if you want i can post- -

Thanks
    Pakistan Saudi Arabia

And i did the ip trace- it came out to be of Liberty Lahore- -

Thanks
    Pakistan United States

Quote Originally Posted by JonAsad View Post
    And i did the ip trace- it came out to be of Lahore- -
    Wait what?

Who came out to be from Lahore?

Thanks
    Pakistan Iran

Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    Just my 2 cents - I don't have any interests (financial or otherwise in either of the two) - but I do think, and regret that everybody is so angry - for my part I only wanted to say that being a little bit (just a little bit ) older, that friendships should not be broken -time is more valuable than you may now imagine it to be - I genuinely miss the people I interact with - well, it''s really too bad that everybody is so angry -- now it does seem to me that reconciliation cannot be a one way street, so I guess every thing in it's own time -- nobody loses from being truthful with their own friends, even if it may now seem like a big deal that just can be done, it's not really like that at all - once the decision is made in your mind that you will set things right, the rest is easy.

I'm not an IT savvy person, but is there any possibility of a third party doing mischief?
    You don't accept others conspiracy theories but here you are presenting yours. No third party is involved here, it's their bilateral issue. Obviously, nobody who have upper hand will agree to compromise

Thanks
    Pakistan Saudi Arabia

Wait what?

Who came out to be from Lahore?
    The IP from which Tickers post came-
    Liberty area Lahore to be precise-

Is ticker from Lahore-

Unfortunately we can even find the house no from that IP-- -
    The Following User Says Thank You to JonAsad For This Useful Post: RazPaK

Thanks
    Pakistan United States

Is ticker from Lahore-
    I'm pretty sure he lives in Islamabad.

Thanks
    Pakistan Iran

Is ticker from Lahore-
    There was different IPs and how you are sure IPs were correct one?

Thanks
    Pakistan Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by LoveIcon View Post
    There was different IPs and how you are sure IPs were correct one?
    Like i said i hv the screen shot of that post with IP-
    Even [MENTION=11]RazPaK[/MENTION] has it-

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast