Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Use of Web Based Discussion Forums by Indian RAW/IB or American CIA

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Use of Web Based Discussion Forums by Indian RAW/IB or American CIA

I recently came across a very interesting discussion on a web blog regarding use of various discussion forums by different intelligence agencies, particularly the RAW and IB of India and the CIA from United States. Weblogs and message boards provide online forums for discussion that record the voice of the public. Woven into this mass of discussion is a wide range of opinion and commentary about different subjects which are being discussed. This presents an opportunity for intelligence organizations to understand and suggest certain aspects of response by analyzing this feedback.

The Indian and American intelligence agencies have been analyzing such data for patterns and relationships since long that could point to anti-state activities as well as gaining information from simple posters expressing their views, some of whom may hold key information and may post it unintentionally. The US Defense Department's Special Operations Command conducted social network analysis as part of its Able Danger program even before the 9/11 attack. For India, it has been the National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO). There is a division within the NTRO which was created for the specific purpose of CYBERINT.

In 2004, there were 14 non-secret active or planned data mining projects for intelligence gathering and counterterrorism efforts across 52 federal US agencies. Intelligence agencies, including the NSA and CIA, have contracts with numerous data mining vendors, including Cognos, IBM, and Teradata. The Defense Advanced Research Project Agency also mine vast amounts of personal data. Though it lost congressional funding in 2003 after public outcry over privacy concerns but, it was continued under a different name. A 2004 survey by the US Government Accountability Office found that federal agencies were engaged in/or planning 199 data mining projects, including 122 involving personal data.

In the context of gaining information from various discussion forums, it was indicated that many such discussion forums are run through clandestinely by Indian RAW, IB and their front companies and American CIA and other US government agencies or through front companies. These forums target specific audience from different countries to gain information for collating it with information gained through other sources or vice versa.

Some discussion boards were also being discussed which were suspected of being funded specifically for this purpose. I cannot vouch for correctness of the information posted, but it was supported with interesting and intriguing data to support the viewpoint.

And surprisingly, one such discussion forum which was discussed was also pdf. It was said that RAW/IB or CIA is written all over it. And that its funding methodology is also dubious and is most likely operated through a front company.
    The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dash For This Useful Post: Express,Irfan Baloch,KingKong,Pakistani Nationalist,PK_BALOCH,Sinbad,truthseer

Thanks
    UK Pakistan

Re: Use of Web Based Discussion Forums by Indian RAW/IB or American CIA

An eye opener indeed. The owners of PDF have no integrity and loyalty to Pakistan. We in fact gave them about $1700 as a"charitable donation" which we realized was taken off us under false pretences.
    It fits the bill. The site is certainly not Pakistani orientated and reeks of 3rd party involvement. A kind of selling their souls to the devil i guess.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superkaif For This Useful Post: Dash,Express

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

To me it somehow seems apparent that a third party involvement, clandestinely either from Indian RAW or CIA seems apparent in this particular case. The way Pakistan is undermined and the way Indians are projected and supported - it does not happen on any Pakistani site that one visits. This one is a unique Pakistani site where Islam and Pakistan is insulted in front of Pakistanis and is not only tolerated by those who run this, but it seems that such an attitude is being encouraged.
    The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dash For This Useful Post: Express,Pakistani Nationalist,PK_BALOCH

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

The most surprising thing which does give credence to this probable fact is the happenings and the aftermath when this site was blocked recently in India. PDF was banned along with many other sites, but this one site was the quickest to get unbanned. Not only this, in fact only few serveres blocked it, however Reliance ISP did not block it and even TATA didn't block it. And to top it all, there are still many sites which even to this day remain blocked - not PDF.

PDF probably got unblocked in the first instance and this doesn't happen in India in this manner. This does provide credence to what was being discussed in that forum as well that this site has RAW and/or CIA written all over it.
    The Following User Says Thank You to Dash For This Useful Post: Sinbad

Thanks
    India India

Link to the blog please.

Thanks
    Pakistan England

Have ventured on the site on a few instances and the flavour is to say the least quite shocking. The balance and timing of what you say fits the profile and i believe you have certainly hit the nail on the head. No Pakistani site could ever allow so much anti Pakistani material. No site could have got unblocked so quickly unless the involvement of third parties
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sinbad For This Useful Post: Dash,Express

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by curioususer View Post
    Link to the blog please.
    It is private discussion forum for invitees only - you are too curious for this one.
    The Following User Says Thank You to Dash For This Useful Post: Aryan_B

Thanks
    Pakistan England

Quote Originally Posted by curioususer View Post
    Link to the blog please.
    Do you EVER add anything to a discussion or will you be known as a historical screw up forever? Come on Curious either add to a discussion or just button it.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sinbad For This Useful Post: Dash,Express

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    Do you EVER add anything to a discussion or will you be known as a historical screw up forever? Come on Curious either add to a discussion or just button it.
    He has decided to button it. Lovely man
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Express For This Useful Post: Dash,Sinbad

Thanks
    China Pakistan

Aside this, I would like to understand how come top-level Think Tanks are some related to Pakistan Military background or knowledge experiences. Does make them foreign intelligences even RAW/CIA involvements?

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorRX707 View Post
    Aside this, I would like to understand how come top-level Think Tanks are some related to Pakistan Military background or knowledge experiences. Does make them foreign intelligences even RAW/CIA involvements?
    I have not come across any think tank related to or linked to Pakistan Military. Yes there is one odd which is talked about having linkages with ISI and one gets some of its funding from Foreign Office and apparently have a retired Foreign Office person as the head.

There are lots of American think tanks which are funded by US State Department, Pentagon and some linked to CIA. Same is the case in India. Government funded, RAW and IB funded think tanks are known.

But I have never heard of a think tank in Pakistan which has been or is being funded by the Pakistan Army.
    The Following User Says Thank You to Dash For This Useful Post: RaptorRX

Thanks
    Pakistan England

Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    He has decided to button it. Lovely man
    Bless him indeed! lolll

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

the sources of information for the intelligence agencies ae mostly very common and in public domain. before internet it were the newspapers and the letters from readers etc. the idea is to gauge the mood of the target people. and yes sometimes people say things unintentionally at a place where someone is listening.

it doesnt have to be high tech james bond style gadgetry, the listeners will pickup things by intercepting phones , emails , web chat forum discussions etc. and can encourage a certain point of view as well.

controversy and sensationalist news encourage debate and interest and result in increased viewership, PDF seems to know the secret behind a successful business model in this field , if people get to grind their axes then fine, if CIA and RAW are watching that then so is ISI
    The Following User Says Thank You to Irfan Baloch For This Useful Post: Dash

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Irfan Baloch View Post
    the sources of information for the intelligence agencies ae mostly very common and in public domain. before internet it were the newspapers and the letters from readers etc. the idea is to gauge the mood of the target people. and yes sometimes people say things unintentionally at a place where someone is listening.

it doesnt have to be high tech james bond style gadgetry, the listeners will pickup things by intercepting phones , emails , web chat forum discussions etc. and can encourage a certain point of view as well.

controversy and sensationalist news encourage debate and interest and result in increased viewership, PDF seems to know the secret behind a successful business model in this field , if people get to grind their axes then fine, if CIA and RAW are watching that then so is ISI
    For running such kid of ventures money is needed and where does this money come from. Donations, adds and certain other aspects. And these donations when received from certain unknown persons or sources makes it suspect specially when there is no accountability.

And then you have people posting in such susceptible sites, where their data can be sold/shared without any hindrance while falling under no law. How difficult would it be for PDF owners to sell their data and certain members would be identified by RAW or CIA either in India and/or in Pakistan and exploitation could then be resulted. It makes much easier to identify vulnerable targets and these could then be exploited. PDF has become one such site from where vulnerable Pakistani and Indians can be easily picked up and used by RAW as well as the CIA or other interested parties or organizations.

But over and above some such sites do also need some one at the back end to protect them as the material posted is never to the liking of one party or the other. The mere fact that the Indian ban was lifted against this particular site in the earliest instance, whereas many other such sites still remain banned in India raise sufficient doubts. Knowing the way such aspects function in India, I do not think the ban would have been lifted unless someone well known or at a certain decision making level cleared it.

Sir, this is not a mere flame war as it may seem – there is much more to this which is clandestine and is kept under wraps. PDF is in my opinion a very very suspect site and I have no doubt about it. You can have a different opinion.

Thanks
    India Mozambique

Quote Originally Posted by Ticker View Post
    I recently came across a very interesting discussion on a web blog regarding use of various discussion forums by different intelligence agencies, particularly the RAW and IB of India and the CIA from United States. Weblogs and message boards provide online forums for discussion that record the voice of the public. Woven into this mass of discussion is a wide range of opinion and commentary about different subjects which are being discussed. This presents an opportunity for intelligence organizations to understand and suggest certain aspects of response by analyzing this feedback.

The Indian and American intelligence agencies have been analyzing such data for patterns and relationships since long that could point to anti-state activities as well as gaining information from simple posters expressing their views, some of whom may hold key information and may post it unintentionally. The US Defense Department's Special Operations Command conducted social network analysis as part of its Able Danger program even before the 9/11 attack. For India, it has been the National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO). There is a division within the NTRO which was created for the specific purpose of CYBERINT.

In 2004, there were 14 non-secret active or planned data mining projects for intelligence gathering and counterterrorism efforts across 52 federal US agencies. Intelligence agencies, including the NSA and CIA, have contracts with numerous data mining vendors, including Cognos, IBM, and Teradata. The Defense Advanced Research Project Agency also mine vast amounts of personal data. Though it lost congressional funding in 2003 after public outcry over privacy concerns but, it was continued under a different name. A 2004 survey by the US Government Accountability Office found that federal agencies were engaged in/or planning 199 data mining projects, including 122 involving personal data.

In the context of gaining information from various discussion forums, it was indicated that many such discussion forums are run through clandestinely by Indian RAW, IB and their front companies and American CIA and other US government agencies or through front companies. These forums target specific audience from different countries to gain information for collating it with information gained through other sources or vice versa.

Some discussion boards were also being discussed which were suspected of being funded specifically for this purpose. I cannot vouch for correctness of the information posted, but it was supported with interesting and intriguing data to support the viewpoint.

And surprisingly, one such discussion forum which was discussed was also pdf. It was said that RAW/IB or CIA is written all over it. And that its funding methodology is also dubious and is most likely operated through a front company.
    Link pls...

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by contract killer View Post
    Link pls...
    Please read post 7
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Express For This Useful Post: Dash,KingKong

Thanks
    India Mozambique

Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    Please read post 7
    Oops........ my bad.

I didn't notice that this is Shrink's Couch.

Carry on guys.
    The Following User Says Thank You to contract killer For This Useful Post: KRAIT

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by contract killer View Post
    Oops........ my bad.

I didn't notice that this is Shrink's Couch.

Carry on guys.
    The topic is serious enough, the forum it is posted in does not undermine its importance. You however can sit on any couch you feel comfortable on.
    The Following User Says Thank You to Dash For This Useful Post: Irfan Baloch

Thanks
    Pakistan United Arab Emirates

My suggestion is that the affiliation or interference started approximately 2010. Thats were the ratings and website went into overdrive. Just my opinion

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    My suggestion is that the affiliation or interference started approximately 2010. Thats were the ratings and website went into overdrive. Just my opinion
    You may be correct. I somehow can not fathom that a web site which was thought to be responsible for deliberately airing anti-India propaganda, would be able to get unbanned and get a free chit in such a short span of time, without appropriate level of intervention. It just is not possible in India and in particular for a domain .pk web site.

There definitely is a breach. Some in this web site who are key decision makers have been compromised.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast