Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: 'Did we just kill a kid?'- Drone operator

Share             
  1. #21
    Senior Member sami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,147
    Thanks
    2361
    Pakistan UK
    No disrespect but if International law played a part in American foreign policy we would have many from Kissinger to Bush tried for war crimes
    The Following User Says Thank You to sami For This Useful Post: Neo


  2. #22
    Senior Member Solomon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,131
    Thanks
    418
    United States United States

    Re: 'Did we just kill a kid?'- Drone operator

    As the countdown reached seven seconds, there was no sign of anyone on the ground.
    Bryant could still have diverted the missile at that point.
    But when it was down to three seconds, a child suddenly walked around the corner.
    It wasn't deliberate and it wasn't a war crime. Nevertheless people should know that even with the best of conduct and intentions war can cost the lives of innocents.
    “Real peace cannot ever happen while the world allows itself to be taken hostage by lies.” — Elder of Ziyon

  3. #23
    Senior Member Wajid47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,491
    Thanks
    3118
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: 'Did we just kill a kid?'- Drone operator

    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon2 View Post
    It wasn't deliberate and it wasn't a war crime. Nevertheless people should know that even with the best of conduct and intentions war can cost the lives of innocents.
    Cost of lives occur during war. What about when in internationally its been confirmed the drones are internationally illegal and should NOT be allowed?

  4. #24
    Senior Member Solomon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,131
    Thanks
    418
    United States United States

    Re: 'Did we just kill a kid?'- Drone operator

    Quote Originally Posted by Wajid47 View Post
    Cost of lives occur during war. What about when in internationally its been confirmed the drones are internationally illegal and should NOT be allowed?
    That hasn't happened.
    “Real peace cannot ever happen while the world allows itself to be taken hostage by lies.” — Elder of Ziyon

  5. #25
    Member Tari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,392
    Thanks
    1339
    Pakistan Pakistan

    Re: 'Did we just kill a kid?'- Drone operator

    I have a different point of view. War is a dirty business and there is no war without collateral damage where civilians lose their lives. Loss of civilians caught up in the war/s is the saddest part of this dirty business.

    In the two world wars millions of civilians died. In Japan there was a heavy civilian loss of life when the 2 N-bombs were dropped to end the war.

    If there had been no drones, Baitullah Mehsud and many other hardlined terrorists would still be alive maiming and killing innocent Pakistanis at will.

    I don't wanna sound like I am a American pithu, which I am definitely not. If Pakistan had drones, I am sure you would be seeing them in action in Zarb-e-Azb. Even though I believe that most civilians have left the area, but some must still be there. If you think that no civilians are dying from the PAF bombings which are not as precise as the drones, then I have a bridge to sell you cheap on river Indus.

    Yes sir I think drones do serve a useful purpose. Whether its legal or not thats a different story.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tari For This Useful Post: Fassi,T-123456

    Last edited by Tari; 22nd January 2015 at 11:47.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Fassi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,774
    Thanks
    1828
    Pakistan France

    Re: 'Did we just kill a kid?'- Drone operator

    Quote Originally Posted by Tari View Post
    I have a different point of view. War is a dirty business and there is no war without collateral damage where civilians lose their lives. Loss of civilians caught up in the war/s is the saddest part of this dirty business.

    In the two world wars millions of civilians died. In Japan there was a heavy civilian loss of life when the 2 N-bombs were dropped to end the war.

    If there had been no drones, Baitullah Mehsud and many other hardlined terrorists would still be alive maiming and killing innocent Pakistanis at will.

    I don't wanna sound like I am a American pithu, which I am definitely not. If Pakistan had drones, I am sure you would be seeing them in action in Zarb-e-Azb. Even though I believe that most civilians have left the area, but some must still be there. If you think that no civilians are dying from the PAF bombings which are not as precise as the drones, then I have a bridge to sell you cheap on river Indus.

    Yes sir I think drones do serve a useful purpose. Whether its legal or not thats a different story.
    Due to our army not clearing the terrorists outs it had become acceptable to have the usage of drones. Sadly there has been loss of life of civilians and that's the sad part.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fassi For This Useful Post: T-123456,Tari


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Drone strikes in Waziristan tribal region kill 17
    By Express in forum Pakistan's War
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6th January 2013, 18:00
  2. The Woes of an American Drone Operator
    By sami in forum U.S. Affairs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17th December 2012, 04:58
  3. Singapore port operator on way out of Gwadar
    By Aryan_B in forum Economy & Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14th August 2012, 16:14
  4. Iraq attacks kill 14
    By Superkaif in forum World Affairs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th August 2012, 09:31
  5. US did not kill Osama Bin Laden
    By Phoenix in forum U.S. Affairs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16th July 2012, 10:13

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us on twitter Follow us on twitter