Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Did we just kill a kid?'- Drone operator

Thanks
    Pakistan UK
    No disrespect but if International law played a part in American foreign policy we would have many from Kissinger to Bush tried for war crimes
    The Following User Says Thank You to sami For This Useful Post: Neo

Thanks
    United States United States

Re: 'Did we just kill a kid?'- Drone operator

As the countdown reached seven seconds, there was no sign of anyone on the ground.
    Bryant could still have diverted the missile at that point.
    But when it was down to three seconds, a child suddenly walked around the corner.
    It wasn't deliberate and it wasn't a war crime. Nevertheless people should know that even with the best of conduct and intentions war can cost the lives of innocents.
    “Real peace cannot ever happen while the world allows itself to be taken hostage by lies.” — Elder of Ziyon

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon2 View Post
    It wasn't deliberate and it wasn't a war crime. Nevertheless people should know that even with the best of conduct and intentions war can cost the lives of innocents.
    Cost of lives occur during war. What about when in internationally its been confirmed the drones are internationally illegal and should NOT be allowed?

Thanks
    United States United States

Quote Originally Posted by Wajid47 View Post
    Cost of lives occur during war. What about when in internationally its been confirmed the drones are internationally illegal and should NOT be allowed?
    That hasn't happened.
    “Real peace cannot ever happen while the world allows itself to be taken hostage by lies.” — Elder of Ziyon

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

I have a different point of view. War is a dirty business and there is no war without collateral damage where civilians lose their lives. Loss of civilians caught up in the war/s is the saddest part of this dirty business.

In the two world wars millions of civilians died. In Japan there was a heavy civilian loss of life when the 2 N-bombs were dropped to end the war.

If there had been no drones, Baitullah Mehsud and many other hardlined terrorists would still be alive maiming and killing innocent Pakistanis at will.

I don't wanna sound like I am a American pithu, which I am definitely not. If Pakistan had drones, I am sure you would be seeing them in action in Zarb-e-Azb. Even though I believe that most civilians have left the area, but some must still be there. If you think that no civilians are dying from the PAF bombings which are not as precise as the drones, then I have a bridge to sell you cheap on river Indus.

Yes sir I think drones do serve a useful purpose. Whether its legal or not thats a different story.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tari For This Useful Post: Fassi,T-123456

Last edited by Tari; 22nd January 2015 at 11:47.

Thanks
    Pakistan France

Quote Originally Posted by Tari View Post
    I have a different point of view. War is a dirty business and there is no war without collateral damage where civilians lose their lives. Loss of civilians caught up in the war/s is the saddest part of this dirty business.

In the two world wars millions of civilians died. In Japan there was a heavy civilian loss of life when the 2 N-bombs were dropped to end the war.

If there had been no drones, Baitullah Mehsud and many other hardlined terrorists would still be alive maiming and killing innocent Pakistanis at will.

I don't wanna sound like I am a American pithu, which I am definitely not. If Pakistan had drones, I am sure you would be seeing them in action in Zarb-e-Azb. Even though I believe that most civilians have left the area, but some must still be there. If you think that no civilians are dying from the PAF bombings which are not as precise as the drones, then I have a bridge to sell you cheap on river Indus.

Yes sir I think drones do serve a useful purpose. Whether its legal or not thats a different story.
    Due to our army not clearing the terrorists outs it had become acceptable to have the usage of drones. Sadly there has been loss of life of civilians and that's the sad part.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fassi For This Useful Post: T-123456,Tari

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12